• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C2C- Future Trainee Train Drivers and Shunters - East Ham and Shoeburyness (23/10/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zain K

Just an induction up at their head office today, just usual stuff like GDPR, info about the company, setting up emails etc.
Excellent, any talks on the course you will be doing and activities? Congrats again for getting in. Gets your foot in the company.

Established Member
Just an induction up at their head office today, just usual stuff like GDPR, info about the company, setting up emails etc.
Have they had the talk yet where they tell you you're not allowed to post on here? :lol:

Samzino

Hi, I've passed all the assessments and interviews for the role of a train driver. However due to limited places have been offered to take the role of a train shunt driver or wait in a talent pool. Not one route is guaranteed to be any quicker than the other. Does anyone have any advice or input?
I do wonder if the above post by King actually meant that they've selected those for Mainline already. Usually no news is good news but without much of an update as we start to get to 3 months I'm wondering if it's actually already concluded.

I also say this because King's post fell on the same Week Shrimper confirmed he had got the great news of a seat on the shunters course:

Subject to medical I’ve got the job!

BigG796

I do wonder if the above post by King actually meant that they've selected those for Mainline already. Usually no news is good news but without much of an update as we start to get to 3 months I'm wondering if it's actually already concluded.

I also say this because King's post fell on the same Week Shrimper confirmed he had got the great news of a seat on the shunters course:
we can only guess atm, i would have thought regardless of the outcome we would have had at least an update on whether successful or not? so I'm still hoping and under the impression that no news is good news

we can only guess atm, i would have thought regardless of the outcome we would have had at least an update on whether successful or not? so I'm still hoping and under the impression that no news is good news
especially for everyone that had an interview at least, i understand at initial sift of application the lack of reply, but i would have thought after making it past 2 assessments and having an interview they would be some form of contact to at least say if your successful or not?

Samzino

especially for everyone that had an interview at least, i understand at initial sift of application the lack of reply, but i would have thought after making it past 2 assessments and having an interview they would be some form of contact to at least say if your successful or not?
Indeed but to be fair looking at previous campaigns it seems its not unheard of to not hear anything at all after the DMI if its been more than 1 month. But then again there are here and there some posts mentioning it took almost 10 months.

Would be a question of how long in those cases was the period between contact with HR?

Twotwo

I was never told I got the shunters job back in 2019, i just received a medical date in the post. Hopefully it'll be the same for you guys

Samzino

I was never told I got the shunters job back in 2019, i just received a medical date in the post. Hopefully it'll be the same for you guys
I see wow. To be fair process was quite quick. Has given us that little bit more we need to fight for a seat, being banked assessment results. So ideally you avoid that stage with other TOCs recruitments. Whilst with C2C it also lasts 3-5 Years.

Zain K

Seems people have got different modes of communication. Shrimper got a call and you got a letter. I'm hoping they have several vacancies available so they take on most people who got through to DMI.

No updates as of yet from me too but hoping and praying as always for something good

jimfrst

Course start date is 28th of May.
Possibly could get pushed back a week at the most.
I have heard they will start contacting people from today if they have the job.

Samzino

Excellent hopefully it's good news for us all on here.

Zain K

Praying me and others here hear some good news soon

Samzino

I would assume the calls have all been conducted by now. Assuming it's only 8 people that have made a course date for Mainline?

I must say it would be nice to hear from C2C HR to let us know where we stand. Wouldn't want to book leave etc now or take up other commitments assuming it's a no go and then all of a sudden get the magic call.

Zain K

I would assume the calls have all been conducted by now. Assuming it's only 8 people that have made a course date for Mainline?

I must say it would be nice to hear from C2C HR to let us know where we stand. Wouldn't want to book leave etc now or take up other commitments assuming it's a no go and then all of a sudden get the magic call.

I would still stay patient during this week and end of month for any news for the mainline job. HR may be inundated with things which might postpone certain schedules. As Jim stated too the start date might be pushed back a week so if this happens i would assume this might have to be finalised first before calling the lucky candidates.

Best to stay positive :D

Last edited:

Samzino

I would still stay patient during this week and end of month for any news for the mainline job. HR may be inundated with things which might postpone certain schedules. As Jim stated too the start date might be pushed back a week so if this happens i would assume this might have to be finalised first before calling the luckily candidates.

Best to stay positive :D
Indeed that is very true.
The hope is there is another recruitment course after the May-June date as I did hear earlier in this thread that C2C intended to do another at some point later this year.

Last edited: