• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 321 storage/scrapping

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I still wonder if there’s a place for them as a stopgap at Scotrail for the East Kilbride route given the lack of movement on new stock and the commonality with existing stock so avoiding a micro fleet. I believe it was the original plan.
Anything that eliminates the last few cases where 318/320 are diagrammed to work as single 3 cars couldn't hurt, I suppose.

There's a perfect thread in Speculative Discussion where it may have been discussed at further length if you fancy taking a peep :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

321419 has worked this evening 5Z06 Wolverton - Birmingham International to join with 321334, under the Varamis operation.

Good to see more potential growth from this business.

DBS92042

Established Member
321419 has worked this evening 5Z06 Wolverton - Birmingham International to join with 321334, under the Varamis operation.

Very happy to see 419 live on, was always a personal favourite of mine

Skimpot flyer

Established Member

To be used on this new service, to Royal Mail’s hub in NW London ?

43102EMR

Established Member
Most definitely not. The nearest you’ll get is the dido sitting in Vauxhall sidings, Yarmouth.
A couple of weeks ago I saw a Renatus 321 in the shed at Ilford, so still a few knocking about it seems.

Bigvernicus

Noticed over the Christmas break the 321's stored at Willesden Brent had all the pans down on all units, but a trip past yesterday they were all up, so are keeping them warm in storage.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Noticed over the Christmas break the 321's stored at Willesden Brent had all the pans down on all units, but a trip past yesterday they were all up, so are keeping them warm in storage.

The pans were up two weeks ago too. It was dark, but the sidings are lit.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Varamis aren’t taking on anymore 321s, they were only due the 5 they currently have.
I'm sure they tweeted only last month that they're having a total fleet size of ten?

I'll have a look... see if I can find it...

Edited: Had a look - I think it was actually someone asking a question rather than they themselves saying it...

Busman

Just spotted a 321 sitting in platform 11 at LS. Looked like an 8 carriage but not exact number on it, half way down there was a bunch of people on the platform, anyone know why?

Attachments

• IMG_5408.jpeg
    IMG_5408.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109

The_Train

Established Member
Just spotted a 321 sitting in platform 11 at LS. Looked like an 8 carriage but not exact number on it, half way down there was a bunch of people on the platform, anyone know why?
it's 321428 and 321429 and is there for the launch of Varamis Rail's new service into Liverpool Street