• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 390 Door Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Nerdy question, but do Pendolinos have a different hustle alarm for the final doors closing and locking for departure as opposed to that for the doors closing on a timer?

Out of COVID I travelled on Avanti/Virgin approximately two or three times a month and I always think the doors make a harsh shrieking beeps compared to the passive bip bip bip of it closing on a timer.

Maybe I’m going mad. This is definitely the geekiest question I’ve asked I know, but if anyone knows if the 390 has a different alarm for final closure I’d love to know :lol:

Anyone who has a link to a decent recording of it too; I’d love for you to post it here, thanks! (The final alarm as all doors close not one door closing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've not noticed a difference on any stock, though this would be a useful feature.

There is a "difference" on Voyagers because of the doors being closed by way of giving 1-2 on the buzzer to the driver, so you do get those loud beeps over the top of the door beeper. (I wonder what they spent the 50p they saved on not putting close buttons there on?)

Status
Not open for further replies.