• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 450 Door Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepeetw

A question to the SWR folk - a number of times in the last six months I have had issues with the doors on a 450 starting to open and then closing back to a mid position (with both open and close lights illuminated). Pressing the open button at this point then moves them to fully open.

This has caught a number of passengers out, especially when they close back to that mid position.

Is this a known fault? Does it have a name so I can better describe it to the Twitter peeps for sending over to fleet to look at?

Never noticed it in the first 20 years of them being about .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The Siemens 2003-2008 sets are just showing their age now. They've been to the moon and back, but are reliable and nice to travel in, although Siemens depot maintenance is becoming rather hit and miss.

Looking at the awful new arrivals over the last five years eg CAF, I'd deny any knowledge of faults and just give it a gentle push.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The Siemens 2003-2008 sets are just showing their age now. They've been to the moon and back, but are reliable and nice to travel in, although Siemens depot maintenance is becoming rather hit and miss.

Looking at the awful new arrivals over the last five years eg CAF, I'd deny any knowledge of faults and just give it a gentle push.

That may be your problem. The WCML sets still look almost new post-refurb.

Sammyh1234

I’ve had this happen on 185’s a few times at Morley heading towards Leeds I think it’s due to the track ,and therefore train, tilting to the right whilst the doors on the left are being released.

fgwrich

Established Member
That may be your problem. The WCML sets still look almost new post-refurb.
Agreed, The SWR units are still in excellent condition with only the ridiculously poor seat covers (Thats SWR's fault) letting them down.

As for the main fault described, I've seen it a few times but either giving the door a gentle push or pressing the button seems to fix it. The worst units for sticky doors at the moment seem to be GWRs Turbo's again.

Status
Not open for further replies.