• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 86 Les Ross hauling Virgin Mk3s on ECML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IrishDave

Not on the departure boards (at least not at Virgin-operated stations). Coventry for instance always announced it as a Pendolino throughout its regular service life.

Since that, though, when it came out on 25th July to do a Euston-Birmingham-Euston run in the evening, the announcement (and CIS screens) at Coventry were conspicuous in saying "the 20:11 Virgin *Trains* service to London Euston", not "Virgin Pendolino service" or "Virgin Voyager service".

crewmeal

Since that, though, when it came out on 25th July to do a Euston-Birmingham-Euston run in the evening, the announcement (and CIS screens) at Coventry were conspicuous in saying "the 20:11 Virgin *Trains* service to London Euston", not "Virgin Pendolino service" or "Virgin Voyager service".

Perhaps they should say "The 20.11 Virgin Pretendilino service to London Euston" That should avoid all confusion :lol:

Rhydgaled

Established Member
When I caught the Pretendolino (last year when it was running the evening Euston to Crewe once or twice a week) it was annouced as 'Virgin Trains Service' when everything else had been 'Virgin Pendolino' or 'Virgin Super Voyager'. If I recall correctly I boarded at the penultimate stop, but I forget what that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.