• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commuters told to 'run, hide and tell' in leaflet: Is this Wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolive22

Or a third rail pot blows up in Charing Cross. See other topic.

That actually went relatively well, at Holland Park last year people climbed out between the carriages. Of course, if you've told people terrorists are coming to shoot them and they should run, then there is a loud bang....

Charing Cross (the bit where it happened, at least) is above ground and has a decent number of exits. Underground, with one set of escalators and some emergency stairs, much easier for it to all go wrong.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blamethrower

Im not taking issue with the assumption that some criminal is plotting such an outrage and put out sensible measured advice to take precautions, regrettably its an easy enough thing to do if you have the intent and can get hold of the weapons - as anyone in Hungerford can testify...

I'm just questioning whether the advice (or specifically the run bit of it) is wise.

Also it is a valid question to ask, if the threat is that real, why are ticket barriers not being removed to make it easier to escape?

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. The contradictions are everywhere, hence why people are not convinced by the official line

kermit

Still, "Is this Wise?" is my all-time favourite line from Sgt Wilson to Captain Mainwaring.

John le Mesurier's delivery was simply world-class.

21C101

Established Member
Still, "Is this Wise?" is my all-time favourite line from Sgt Wilson to Captain Mainwaring.

John le Mesurier's delivery was simply world-class.

And I'm sure Corporal Jones would approve of the leaflet. "Don't Panic DON'T PANIC, cold steel, they don;t like it up em, they do not like it.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.