• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 550 :: Chance Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
I'm guessing it means shots that basically came out of nowhere because you weren't expecting whatever happened!

If you saw Tornado suddenly charging down through Cannock and got a pic of it I would suggest it would be valid. Unless my opinion is wrong of course :lol:

sprinterguy

Established Member
Sounds right by me, I would think that the title is fairly self explanatory: Photos that have happened by chance, rather than having been planned out and set up beforehand with the location or the type of train in mind. Something spur of the moment.

GB

Established Member
Exactly right, thought it might be a bit more interesting than the usual generic stuff.

Spur of the moment is probably a better title as sprinterguy suggests.

Crossover

Established Member
Should be fine for this one :)
I'd say the most of my shots are mostly chance as I tend to see a train coming and quickly get the camera out...very rarely do I know something will turn up at a certain time or such.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
So anything that is Point and Shoot? Not posed, no tripod etc...?

GB

Established Member
So anything that is Point and Shoot? Not posed, no tripod etc...?

Not necessarily. For example you could have been out spotting in general when a charter comes by that you were not previously aware of.

Obviously a bit of honesty applies here but if you genuinely feel it was a chance/unintended/spur of the moment shot (call it what you will) then stick it up.

Crossover

Established Member
Finally picked one to upload. With the shot I picked, I knew the service was coming due to announcements but didn't realise the speed with which it would barrel through at and the decision to get a pic was a fairly last minute one, partly to see how the camera would do.

Have probably got better ones but a lot I had a little more time to set up the shot a bit more whereas I feel the one I have used was a purely chance shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.