• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 606 (Freightliner) :: Voting

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 4 10.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 29 76.3%

Votes: 1 2.6%

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smudger105e

I don't, as a rule, say here which photo I vote for, and I'm not going to now!! I do, however, make my decision and cast my vote before reading the comments... :D

Last edited:

Teaboy1

#2 & #5 both stand out but #5 has the clarity, exposure & composition to make it the clear winner IMHO. Everything is just soooo right .... unless its be touched ??? But its had a Polarising filter fitted cos we can see through the windscreens !!!!

Royston Vasey

Established Member
#2 & #5 both stand out but #5 has the clarity, exposure & composition to make it the clear winner IMHO. Everything is just soooo right .... unless its be touched ??? But its had a Polarising filter fitted cos we can see through the windscreens !!!!

The line of the mountains stands out, there's a brighter bit of sky immediately above them. The front of the loco seems a bit brighter than it would be in shadow but could be the snow reflecting. Still a great shot though.

curly42

No stand outs this week - number 5 seems to be a favourite but it's much too doctored for my tastes.
No vote being cast this week I'm afraid.

stuartmoss

Yes, it is, it's mine, I hope that doesn't contravene the rules, but as I can't really take stills when I'm filming I tend to take screen shots of my video footage. Admin - if this is in breach, please disqualify it, and I apologise.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It's not a breach of rules, but I think admittance to ownership whilst voting is open is!

Crossover

Established Member
To be fair, I have seen far worse entries that have been video stills!

I do know a few people who go round with 2 cameras s they film with one and take shots with another - I did initially wnder how they managed pictures and videos of the same service and then I found out how!

GB

Established Member
Yes, it is, it's mine, I hope that doesn't contravene the rules, but as I can't really take stills when I'm filming I tend to take screen shots of my video footage. Admin - if this is in breach, please disqualify it, and I apologise.

The only thing I will say is you are probably doing yourself a bit of a dis service by relying on a screen grab from video. It would have to be something pretty special to compete with even the most basic of still shots.

Jordy

Established Member
It is against the rules to reveal which photo is yours until voting has finished, but as it didn't win I'm not going to do anything in this instance.

Anyway, congrats to Swiss Toni - quite an impressive win!

thumb_71412B000.jpg

01 - 90019
02 - TGVDUDE
03 - steve 46010
04 - eastwestdivide
05 - Swiss Toni
06 - stuartmoss
07 - Simon Poole
08 - Railfreight 90
09 - Crossover
10 - MattE2010

Swiss Toni

Thanks for all the votes, glad you like the shot.
yo.gif

I used an ND Grad filter which may explain the halo effect that was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.