• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

Mundez98

Just updating you all, I got the call today stating I'd passed my assessments which is a huge relief as this was theoretically my last life of passing.

Now the arduous waiting in a talent pool to potentially be given a start date.

Congratulations to everyone else who passed and good luck to everyone who still has assessments to go.
Congratulations mate

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bothtubes

Congrats to everyone who’s passed. I know the course is sometime in June but does anyone know when people will find out if they’re on it? How do they decide who gets on it?

SuperS16v

Congrats to everyone who’s passed. I know the course is sometime in June but does anyone know when people will find out if they’re on it? How do they decide who gets on it?

I imagine very soon as we would need to go to medicals and hand notices in with existing jobs.

I believe (don’t quote me) you are scored in the interview and assessments. They will take the highest ones.

TacoTraveller

When I got the phone call, the guy said they're still moving stuff around internally (I figured that's slang for organising an actual course, trainers, who's on it etc) then they'll let people know.

I've heard June but I've also known operators push courses back due to planning difficulties.

Either way I hope I'm on the next available course, if not I'm happy to wait for a potential start. I'm just glad I passed the tests :lol:

J3053B

Bit behind but just got the call to say I’d passed my dmi, assessment start of next month although I've already done the stage 1 assessments. :)

TacoTraveller

Bit behind but just got the call to say I’d passed my dmi, assessment start of next month although I've already done the stage 1 assessments. :)
You're not behind, you're just at a different depot. They're not done at the same time.

Congratulations on passing your DMI

J3053B

How did you find the DMI, I have got mine next week?
I enjoyed it actually, the DM’s that interviewed me were very welcoming. The questions they asked weren’t generic necessarily but take your time with them and use STAR to formulate an answer.

But this is their only chance to find out about you as a person, these people are going to be your line managers most likely so ultimately be yourself :)

TacoTraveller

I enjoyed it actually, the DM’s that interviewed me were very welcoming. The questions they asked weren’t generic necessarily but take your time with them and use STAR to formulate an answer.

But this is their only chance to find out about you as a person, these people are going to be your line managers most likely so ultimately be yourself :)
Pretty much the experience I had, I used STAR but the whole interview was very relaxed, a few laughs here and there.

Nothing compared to the grilling I got at MMI.

In both instances just go in prepared and you'll be fine.

Sunny16

Hi guys, has anyone applied for the apprentice Train driver position in Leicester? It was advertised a few weeks ago.

Jungie1799

When did you do your DMI? I did mine on the 29th but I haven’t heard back. I’m not expecting to pass it anyways, I’m just curious.

holmes3755

Im in Watford on 3rd of may for opc
If anyone has got the same dates.
Decided to stay over night before to save on stressing in traffic and parking.
They are doing all tests on same day apparently, aslong as you pass the morning

J3053B

When did you do your DMI? I did mine on the 29th but I haven’t heard back. I’m not expecting to pass it anyways, I’m just curious.
It was the middle of March for me. So I was at 5 weeks, I didn’t have any call to say well done you’ve passed!

It was more ‘Hi is this J3053B?’
‘Yes’
‘Right the next stage for you is OPC, dates are here and here, choose one’

No need to give up hope yet!

TacoTraveller

To echo this, I've passed everything but DMI to the phone call to say I had passed was 5 weeks

Jungie1799

It was the middle of March for me. So I was at 5 weeks, I didn’t have any call to say well done you’ve passed!

It was more ‘Hi is this J3053B?’
‘Yes’
‘Right the next stage for you is OPC, dates are here and here, choose one’

No need to give up hope yet!
Nvm mate, I take back what I said, they’ve just called me to say I’ve passed.

JH-OB

Im in Watford on 3rd of may for opc
If anyone has got the same dates.
Decided to stay over night before to save on stressing in traffic and parking.
They are doing all tests on same day apparently, aslong as you pass the morning
I’m up on 1 May, again staying over to hopefully increase my chances.

I’ve been advised it’s the whole day too (if successful in the morning), has anyone else done the morning and afternoon assessments in one day before with XC?