• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sunny16

Hi guys, I recently applied for the Leicester position. In the advert they asked for a CV and cover letter but there was no option to attach the cover letter. There was only a section to attach the CV. Has anyone else had that issue?

TacoTraveller

Hi guys, I recently applied for the Leicester position. In the advert they asked for a CV and cover letter but there was no option to attach the cover letter. There was only a section to attach the CV. Has anyone else had that issue?
You can upload a cover letter to your profile along with a CV then if the application only allows a CV upload I figure they'd look at your portal for your cover letter.

Or at least that's what I did. My profile has CV and a cover letter then I upload whatever I can and they have access to the other.

Sunny16

You can upload a cover letter to your profile along with a CV then if the application only allows a CV upload I figure they'd look at your portal for your cover letter.

Or at least that's what I did. My profile has CV and a cover letter then I upload whatever I can and they have access to the other.
I get what you mean but they have changed the portal now. It takes you to workday to put the application in rather than the DB portal. There is no option to upload any documents on the portal. You can only upload your cv while filling in the application form. Multiple files can be uploaded to the cv section. the application has been submitted now so nothing can be done I guess unless I withdraw the application and reapply

Last edited:

TacoTraveller

I get what you mean but they have changed the portal now. It takes you to workday to put the application in rather than the DB portal. There is no option to upload any documents on the portal. You can only upload your cv while filling in the application form. Multiple files can be uploaded to the cv section. the application has been submitted now so nothing can be done I guess unless I withdraw the application and reapply
Oh I am still under DB for my application, but if it allows multiple file uploads then that is where you'd upload all of your CVS and cover letters to.

TacoTraveller

Yeah, well I've got an MMI on Monday for another toc but have passed 1&2 assessments
Is this your second attempt at the MMI?

I've got mine coming up too, second attempt and I'm nervous as I don't want to fail again

TacoTraveller

Dont worry about it.
You need to be chilled with it

I was in your position, it was better second time
I think I'm nervous because I can usually understand what they're looking for with interviews such as the DMI.

But the MMI confuses me because I've no idea what the scope is they're looking for with the questions they ask.

Hopefully I'll do well this time but I just don't know what to expect o_O

Reetzaboi

I think I'm nervous because I can usually understand what they're looking for with interviews such as the DMI.

But the MMI confuses me because I've no idea what the scope is they're looking for with the questions they ask.

Hopefully I'll do well this time but I just don't know what to expect o_O
What was it like last Time taco like do they spring certain situations on you or just ask the 6 questions and delve deep into them?

TacoTraveller

What was it like last Time taco like do they spring certain situations on you or just ask the 6 questions and delve deep into them?
I did a CBI last time not an MMI, It was 5 questions that you answered briefly on paper then they went deeper in the interview, they keep digging with questions until they're satisfied.

The only thing I've got from that is the less questions they asked or the less deeper they try to go the better as they're happy with your answer.

Stupidly I gave a terrible answer when I had much better examples purely because I thought varied experiences would be better than all from my professional life that's very relatable.

So I'm just nervous of that happening again but I've heard the MMI they dig deeper and interrupt you more than what happened at my CBI

Tysoe

They go through the 6 questions and throw in some theoretical scenarios in which don't necessarily relate to the 6 questions.

Think I did ok but time will tell. If it's not to be then it's not to be!

TacoTraveller

What stage are the Birmingham applicants up to now?
Stage 2/MMI currently

They go through the 6 questions and throw in some theoretical scenarios in which don't necessarily relate to the 6 questions.

Think I did ok but time will tell. If it's not to be then it's not to be!

I think you were there at the same time as me but for Chiltern, I think I did okay but as always I always think I could have done better so don't know what the outcome will be, hopefully a pass

JustG

For the ones that were there today for stage 2, how do you think you did? I spent the drive home going over what I said and wishing I should’ve said that or this

Reetzaboi

For the ones that were there today for stage 2, how do you think you did? I spent the drive home going over what I said and wishing I should’ve said that or this
I had a few situations in the mmi because if my situational judgement results anyone else have thus? and they dug super deep they wanted to know everything in there for 1:30 atleast I got a smile at the end when they said if you pass so . I was relieved to pass the computer tests tbf thought i had failed the picture one. How did everyone else find it?

TacoTraveller

Everyone does that, I did mine on Monday and been doing the same thing

JustG

I had a few situations in the mmi because if my situational judgement results anyone else have thus? and they dug super deep they wanted to know everything in there for 1:30 atleast I got a smile at the end when they said if you pass so . I was relieved to pass the computer tests tbf thought i had failed the picture one. How did everyone else find it?
That’s interesting, did they explicitly mention your sjt in the Mmi? I had a couple scenario questions but not sure if they were related to the sjt

TacoTraveller

Just checked and mine still says application in progress, applied for Manchester depot
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the Manchester depot was completed already as I have a few people from work who have already started on the February course, and with all the other depots being at DMI/Stage 2 you might not have been successful to this time and they don't really update the portal that much.

That’s interesting, did they explicitly mention your sjt in the Mmi? I had a couple scenario questions but not sure if they were related to the sjt
I thought we did the SJT as part of the MMI to guage their questions. I could be wrong though if just seems odd if not why you'd do it right before your mmi