• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

TacoTraveller

Day 12 after the Stage 1 tests and still no word of the results for me. Has anyone else heard anything?
Is it actually day 12 or are you including weekends which aren't included. Its usually 2 weeks.

Apologies in advance if wrong thread, however I read somewhere someone applied for Plymouth depot with XC but had to turn down due to work commitments.
I can't find the post but if anyone is aware of the post or who the individual is them a heads up there's a Trainee Train Driver vacancy advertised on arrivas career page...

That wasn't on this thread it was on the one previous.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alumni

Does anyone know the durations of each salary stage through training from start to finish?

Thanks

Wilddog101

Got a weird one guys, I have an interview coming up this week for the Bournemouth depot, however, they haven’t given me any details other than date and time…I have no idea where it is taking place and I can no longer get a hold of the person that called me because they won’t answer, any ideas on what to do?

JH-OB

Got a weird one guys, I have an interview coming up this week for the Bournemouth depot, however, they haven’t given me any details other than date and time…I have no idea where it is taking place and I can no longer get a hold of the person that called me because they won’t answer, any ideas on what to do?
Details came through for me via email, so maybe check junk folders etc. It came from [email protected] if that helps.

Chrysalis

I also have an interview with them for Bournemouth and my confirmation mail only said "platform 3" so I'm also not entirely sure where it actually is!

TacoTraveller

I’ve had nothing from them, spoke to the person last Thursday and the interview is this week so quite concerned that I haven’t heard yet
Speak to them again then, they aren't always at their phones. The guy I'm in contact with is great but not always by his phone. If I miss a call, I call back but sometimes don't get an answer so I leave a voicemail with my name and he usually gets back to me pretty quickly.

J3053B

I also have an interview with them for Bournemouth and my confirmation mail only said "platform 3" so I'm also not entirely sure where it actually is!
Go to platform 3 at Bournemouth Station, walk towards the end of the platform ( direction trains leave for London) you will find a door that has cross country on it. Ring the doorbell and someone will answer it.
Had my interview there over a week ago :)

Chrysalis

Go to platform 3 at Bournemouth Station, walk towards the end of the platform ( direction trains leave for London) you will find a door that has cross country on it. Ring the doorbell and someone will answer it.
Had my interview there over a week ago :)
Thank you! :) How did your interview go?

Alumni

Hi everyone. I tried searching on here about the training and salary but information on the durations is quite limited and same on the listing.

How long is the training? And how long is it to progress through each salary bracket in training?

Would appreciate a breakdown of how many months on each stage if anyone knows.

Many thanks

Reetzaboi

Hi everyone. I tried searching on here about the training and salary but information on the durations is quite limited and same on the listing.

How long is the training? And how long is it to progress through each salary bracket in training?

Many thanks
Would be very useful to know good question also what happens after you pass part 2 of OPC test do u get offered the role?

J3053B

Would be very useful to know good question also what happens after you pass part 2 of OPC test do u get offered the role?
You would go for medical, if there’s a space on an upcoming course for your depot and you were top of the list you’d be offered. If not you sit in a talent pool until a job comes available (may or may not ever happen).

tedbaker

Many thanks

£28,464 starting. You will be on this throughout your classroom training, your handling at depot, and your summative assessments. In total this is about 34-36 weeks depending on where annual leave is factored in. Depending on your proximity to Derby, you will also be paid for travel on Sunday (as they are outside of the working week) which works out as roughly £110 extra per week.

Once summative assessments are complete you will move to £37,713 for around 8-12 weeks whilst you complete route learning for core routes. (This used to include traction training but I understand this has now been incorporated into initial handling, so the actual amount of time you're on this salary bracket may be less). The variance is due to different depots signing different routes etc, some take more/less time than others.

Once you sign a core route and traction, you will move to £54,977. One year later £59,990 and one year later again £65,006 (this is the top of the salary structure).

sktt25

£28,464 starting. You will be on this throughout your classroom training, your handling at depot, and your summative assessments. In total this is about 34-36 weeks depending on where annual leave is factored in. Depending on your proximity to Derby, you will also be paid for travel on Sunday (as they are outside of the working week) which works out as roughly £110 extra per week.

Once summative assessments are complete you will move to £37,713 for around 8-12 weeks whilst you complete route learning for core routes. (This used to include traction training but I understand this has now been incorporated into initial handling, so the actual amount of time you're on this salary bracket may be less). The variance is due to different depots signing different routes etc, some take more/less time than others.

Once you sign a core route and traction, you will move to £54,977. One year later £59,990 and one year later again £65,006 (this is the top of the salary structure).
This information is very helpful to have, thank you. Do you know if there is a special OT rate/inconvenience payment for working Sundays or is it flat rate OT?

Has anyone that is sitting stage 2 in April had an email or phone call yet regarding your official date/time?

jma18

This information is very helpful to have, thank you. Do you know if there is a special OT rate/inconvenience payment for working Sundays or is it flat rate OT?

Has anyone that is sitting stage 2 in April had an email or phone call yet regarding your official date/time?
No email. Just a phone call and they asked which date I could attend.

TacoTraveller

If you pass stage 2, they'll send you for a medical. If you pass that they'll either offer you a position if a space is available and you're towards the top of scores or you'll sit in the talent pool awaiting another position or it'll expire and you'll have to apply again

sktt25

Just received a phone call confirming my date for stage 2. He said I will receive the email confirmation shortly.

Tysoe

Not heard anything for a while but I've already passed stage 1 & 2 so hoping I hear something soon

TacoTraveller

Not heard anything for a while but I've already passed stage 1 & 2 so hoping I hear something soon
You'll probably hear when medicals are needed as that's the last step if you've already passed all the assessments

Firestarter

Apologies in advance if wrong thread, however I read somewhere someone applied for Plymouth depot with XC but had to turn down due to work commitments.
I can't find the post but if anyone is aware of the post or who the individual is them a heads up there's a Trainee Train Driver vacancy advertised on arrivas career page...

Leicester and Cambridge as well