• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

Reetzaboi

If we make a mistake in the group bourden test can we cross it out and it won’t be counted as a mistake or if u mark the wrong one you can’t cross it out ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TacoTraveller

Is Manchester depot all done and dusted now. Says application in process after completing RAAT tests going on nearly 3 months now
I don't know fully, but from people I know from work I'd assume so, they started training on 26th of Feb, so if you've only done RAAT I'd assume you're out the running this time as many other depots are already onto DMI and assessments

Reetzaboi

For the day in Watford next week for opc tests is it just the paper tests as they said stage 1 in March and if u pass stage 2 in April

4Foot

Does anyone here know what the rota pattern at Bristol is? Also, what are the shifts (earliest, latest and average) and how many in a day? And what are the schedules like, do Drivers always drive from Bristol and come off there for relief and end of shift?

Zerothebrake!

You will always start and finish at Bristol on the diagram but you may be required to travel to Birmingham or Plymouth to start your train work.

Their work is mainly to the two above but they also go to Cardiff via Gloucester & the Severn Tunnel and have diversionary route knowledge to Didcot (via Box & Chipping Sodbury), Kemble and Westbury.

The shifts start from around 03.45 to 17.00 and the latest finish is around midnight I believe with both a 5 day and 4 day Link rota option plus they have some 170 work in addition to 220/221s.

It's a friendly depot with good people to work with.

Hope this helps.

ps I missed out Paignton on the list - they are presently the only XC depot that goes there.

Reetzaboi

You will always start and finish at Bristol on the diagram but you may be required to travel to Birmingham or Plymouth to start your train work.

Their work is mainly to the two above but they also go to Cardiff via Gloucester & the Severn Tunnel and have diversionary route knowledge to Didcot (via Box & Chipping Sodbury), Kemble and Westbury.

The shifts start from around 03.45 to 17.00 and the latest finish is around midnight I believe with both a 5 day and 4 day Link rota option plus they have some 170 work in addition to 220/221s.

It's a friendly depot with good people to work with.

Hope this helps.

ps I missed out Paignton on the list - they are presently the only XC depot that goes there.
How about if u are based at birmingham depot what are the shift patterns like?

Hay all past my first interview (dmi I think?) For Cambridge depo, going down for an opc day just need the official email, what sort of tests will it be?

Tysoe

Hay all past my first interview (dmi I think?) For Cambridge depo, going down for an opc day just need the official email, what sort of tests will it be?
Congrats, I got the same call this morning for Cambridge.
I've already done my OPC tests so he's checking today that everything is valid still. I did stage 1 in July 2019 so only just in date (5 years).

Assume next week will be stage 1 tests and you'll go onto stage 2 if successful.

danny759

Hi all, good luck for all sitting the OPC tests today. I passed stage one of the tests with another TOC in December before my XC interview, (which I was successful at) so I have been told I just have to attend stage two tests in April!

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Reetzaboi

Hey guys if we pass the opc assessments pending medical do we get offered the job ? Or is there another interview after that too?

Hi all, good luck for all sitting the OPC tests today. I passed stage one of the tests with another TOC in December before my XC interview, (which I was successful at) so I have been told I just have to attend stage two tests in April!

Hope to meet some of you soon.
Hopefully I meet you there mate if I’ve passed stage 1

JH-OB

This is for a Talent Pool position, so if you pass you get added to a league table of applicants for your depot, and when they need trainee drivers to your depot they take the ones off the top.

Tysoe

Was told in my interview Cambridge want 2 drivers and the course is in July so some are for current positions

Jungie1799

Does anyone have a copy or know how I can get a copy of the job advert for Apprentice Train Driver w/Crosscountry?

I thought I had kept a screenshot to refer to but I can’t find it anywhere and I really needed one :frown:

Many thanks!

Tysoe

…and they’ll take the top 2 from the league table, the rest may be offered something in 2025.
Strange they don't just take 2 out the talent pool now for the July course.
Guess we don't know how many are in the talent pool.

JH-OB

Hope the testing went well for those that went yesterday.

I’ve just been told I’ve passed my DMI, waiting for dates to go to OPC.

Chrysalis

Now that I don’t know. I got a call and someone I know got it too, we both have interviews booked.
Oh, I see. My status changed back to "application in process" a few weeks ago rather than "assignment" and I also live exactly 59 minutes away from Bournemouth (when traffic is good) so I have a feeling I've been turned down based on distance.

Good luck with your DMI!