• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich McLean

Established Member
Properly due to divert via Lichfield. This coming Saturday it should be as well.

XC05 should end up at EC on Friday evening, so should do 1D00 EDB - GLC, 1V58 GLC - PNZ, 2C80 PNZ - PLY Saturday and 1S51 on Sunday.

Also, there is only one set available for traffic currently.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 9

208/285 ran light engine(s) Laira to Neville Hill, these are going to be used for route learning various diversionary routes in Yorkshire and East Midlands in the coming weeks.

TheWalrus

Established Member
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but do we have HST diagrams for the May change yet?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but do we have HST diagrams for the May change yet?
It’s been posted online by Richard Clinnick (editor of Rail Express magazine) that the XC HSTs are to be withdrawn from the May timetable change.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Ah, another one of our beneficent government's "improvements" to the rail service.

As I've mentioned on another thread, remember this at the ballot box. The railway won't improve until Rishie is flying head first out of the door of number 10.

dk1

Veteran Member
It’s been posted online by Richard Clinnick (editor of Rail Express magazine) that the XC HSTs are to be withdrawn from the May timetable change.

That’s the timetable change. Looks like the HST fleet will go in October.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
That’s the timetable change. Looks like the HST fleet will go in October.

Always likely to be the outcome, when GWR are shutting down their operation which are based on Laira - either XC needed a new home for their sets, or it’s the inevitable death knell.

dk1

Veteran Member
Always likely to be the outcome, when GWR are shutting down their operation which are based on Laira - either XC needed a new home for their sets, or it’s the inevitable death knell.

Yes it seems logical. I know it’s a shame but the writing was on the wall. I personally thought this would happen when other units in the Voyager family become available but then there are the two off-lease ex-Avanti 221s.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This thread is for XC HST diagrams. There is another thread which may be of interest at the link below:

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

Halish Railway

Established Member
Anyone know why https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C71069/2023-03-22/detailed#allox_id=0 15:42 Birmingham to Bristol has been booked HST this week and how long this is going to possibly last for?

Thanks in advance
There are currently engineering works north of Tiverton Parkway so the line is closed (I think to Weston-super-Mare and Castle Cary); I would imagine this is having an impact on the diagramming of stock.
The full diagram for this set is:
5V50 0533 Craigentinny T.&R.S.M.D to Edinburgh
1V50 0606 Edinburgh to Bristol Temple Meads
1Z49 1400 Bristol Temple Meads to Birmingham New Street
1V59 1542 Birmingham New Street to Bristol Temple Meads
1E63 1735 Bristol Temple Meads to Leeds
5G63 2120 Leeds to Neville Hill T&R.S.M.D

So it starts and ends its diagram at the same depots as normal.

gordiegb

hey guys, I am an HST fan (naturally) and want to do Edinburgh (EDB) - Plymout (PLY) on XC HST on 29th April. Is there any way of finding out now which service is likely to be HST so I can get it booked? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

irish_rail

Established Member
I don't mean to spoil your excitement but this is subject to an HST being available or no disruption as a Voyager can substitute for it, 4 coaches if you're very unlucky!
I had this recently on said service. Was cosy to say the least. Going to be interesting when the HSTs are gone for good.

Liam L

Good Evening, Just would like some confirmation that these are the correct diagrams for tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1679787082468.png
    1679787082468.png
    12 KB · Views: 94

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Good Evening, Just would like some confirmation that these are the correct diagrams for tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
The 1427 from Plymouth was meant to be for Edinburgh rather than York today. However it appears to have been cancelled at Exeter; anyone know what is happening to the set?

On Moderation
The 1427 from Plymouth was meant to be for Edinburgh rather than York today. However it appears to have been cancelled at Exeter; anyone know what is happening to the set?
There's a 5Z77 in the platform at Exeter as I type. I'd suggest empty to Laira would be the favourite option.

Jrocks

Set going empties back to Laira as 5Z77, problem with the doors at Totnes.

louis97

Established Member
It was actually a fresh set from Laira, as 1V48 was late. XC02 came to a stand near Dainton with interlock issues. Fitter joined the train at Newton Abbot, but unfortunately set was failed at Exeter. Laira strikes again...

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
It was actually a fresh set from Laira, as 1V48 was late. XC02 came to a stand near Dainton with interlock issues. Fitter joined the train at Newton Abbot, but unfortunately set was failed at Exeter. Laira strikes again...

And your allegations against Laira are based on what?

As the other depots which are still maintaining HSTs (Haymarket and Inverness) are achieving far lower levels of reliability I’m not sure how your allegations are founded and you may wish to reconsider.

Maintaining a largely end of life fleet using obsolete parts is not an easy job. It’s been several years now since any other depot did HST maintenance (it’s been 22 months now since Neville Hill did) and in that time a number of suppliers have shutdown or no longer support HSTs.

irish_rail

Established Member
And your allegations against Laira are based on what?

As the other depots which are still maintaining HSTs (Haymarket and Inverness) are achieving far lower levels of reliability I’m not sure how your allegations are founded and you may wish to reconsider.

Maintaining a largely end of life fleet using obsolete parts is not an easy job. It’s been several years now since any other depot did HST maintenance (it’s been 22 months now since Neville Hill did) and in that time a number of suppliers have shutdown or no longer support HSTs.
+ 1. Laira has done an excellent job over the years, far better than the likes of Haymarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.