• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail - Through Running confirmed for November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
RMT have cancelled the strikes so should be normal running now.
The mere fact that the strike has been cancelled doesn't magically reinstate the original, pre-strike timetable. Thursday is probably salvageable, but from tomorrow until Tuesday won't be.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigbru

The mere fact that the strike has been cancelled doesn't magically reinstate the original, pre-strike timetable. Thursday is probably salvageable, but from tomorrow until Tuesday won't be.
They have 2 plans for each day, in case the strikes are cancelled so can revert to normal running.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
They have 2 plans for each day, in case the strikes are cancelled so can revert to normal running.
I admire your optimism! :lol:

Whilst there might be plans on paper, it's not an overnight job to put them into practice.

At most operators, the roster has to be posted at least 2 clear days ahead. So that rules out any changes before Monday.

And then there's the fact that the people who make the changes generally work normal 9-5 office hours. Nobody can force them to work overtime on the weekend to sort things out sooner, so again that pushes back how soon changes can be made.

cambsy

On Moderation
I’m running around on Elizabeth line, on Tuesday 8th November, so with Monday 7th Nov strike called off, what will be first train from Heathrow? when will Elizabeth Line timetable be revised, to show normal running on Tuesday?.

NLC1072

Just getting this straight (before I plan my day tomorrow around this), the first train off Shenfield to do the core section is the 07:11?

345 050

345 031 and 345 052 at platforms at Shenfield.

Looks like 031 doing the honours with first Paddington service.

matt_world2004

Established Member
City mapper seems to be having a problem.with the real line it says from Hayes to Tottenham Court Road get the gwr and change at Paddington timed it for a period when the line is definitely open.

ijmad

Established Member
City mapper seems to be having a problem.with the real line it says from Hayes to Tottenham Court Road get the gwr and change at Paddington timed it for a period when the line is definitely open.

If it's the first train, taking the GWR to Paddington and changing probably is marginally faster than waiting for the Elizabeth Line. Although perhaps less convenient!

matt_world2004

Established Member
If it's the first train, taking the GWR to Paddington and changing probably is marginally faster than waiting for the Elizabeth Line. Although perhaps less convenient!
I was timing the arrival at tcr for 10:15 so it was definitely an bug

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Was on the first westbound service through the western portal this morning as well as the first eastbound through the western portal. All went well without any noticeable hitches.

345 050

That's not a bug. The journey times on weekdays will be so long between Ealing Broadway and Paddington that it will be quicker to change at Paddington in some cases, and I believe quicker to get the Central line from Ealing Broadway will also be a quicker option lol...

I should add that during the AM peak between around 8-9 AM, the timings did look better, but after about 0915 there's a noticeable increase. Weekends look good though.

Last edited:

matt_world2004

Established Member
That's not a bug. The journey times on weekdays will be so long between Ealing Broadway and Paddington that it will be quicker to change at Paddington in some cases, and I believe quicker to get the Central line from Ealing Broadway will also be a quicker option lol...

I should add that during the AM peak between around 8-9 AM, the timings did look better, but after about 0915 there's a noticeable increase. Weekends look good though.
Not in the case I was doing today. Programmed City mapper for.a 10:15 arrival it said a 67 minute journey I got there a full 25 minutes earlier than citymapper predicted by just getting the first Elizabeth line and waiting

345 050

Oh yes, if it's weekend then the direct trains should always work best. Quite a journey time saving in your case!

matt_world2004

Established Member
Oh yes, if it's weekend then the direct trains should always work best. Quite a journey time saving in your case!
I think it thought no Elizabeth line services were running because at the time I planned the journey none were. Even though I tested it for various arrival times throughout the day it still gave the same result

345 050

9T38 0814 Abbey Wood to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 terminated at Hayes this morning. Anyone know what the reason for the short running?

greatkingrat

Established Member

JN114

Established Member
Several trains seemed to lose a lot of time between Heathrow Tunnel Jn and Heathrow Central around that time, eg https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G54166/2022-11-06/detailed

Not sure what the problem was, but presumably 9T38 was terminated at Hayes to try and reduce congestion at Heathrow.

A couple of HEx units didn’t like transitioning into ETCS mode this morning on their first journeys to the airport; each solved with a reboot of the train but congestion while that happened.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
9T38 0814 Abbey Wood to Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 terminated at Hayes this morning. Anyone know what the reason for the short running?

Broken down Heathrow Express train in the tunnels - time taken to reboot so as per contingency and reduce congestion, Platform 5 at Hayes is utilised.

James H

I find the lack of attention to detail on TfL these days very disappointing - for example at Acton Main Line today they were still playing automated announcements saying that until autumn 2022 there would be no Sunday service on the central section of the EL.

The CIS at Acton Main Line also seems to have a problem displaying platform numbers.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
at Acton Main Line today they were still playing automated announcements saying that until autumn 2022 there would be no Sunday service on the central section of the EL.
I heard the same at Langley earlier in the week. Someone really ought to have ditched that announcement.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Anne has dropped the prefix for London Paddington at Stratford and now just says “Paddington.” Has this been changed at stations with the GWR set up and East TFL? (announcements at Maryland-Brentwood are different to that Stratford)

Also, does Amy say “Paddington” and “Liverpool Street” with or without the prefix from today at Shenfield? :)

matt_world2004

Established Member
Anne has dropped the prefix for London Paddington at Stratford and now just says “Paddington.” Has this been changed at stations with the GWR set up and East TFL? (announcements at Maryland-Brentwood are different to that Stratford)

Also, does Amy say “Paddington” and “Liverpool Street” with or without the prefix from today at Shenfield? :)
It will say london Paddington for trains terminating at the mainline station and Paddington for trains going to the core.

ijmad

Established Member
All seemed to be running rather smoothly today. Lots of patronage, most seemed impressed, although one or two confused looking people and at least one person who looked very annoyed after realising they'd taken a train up the wrong branch to Stratford.

The ex-Heathrow train I ended up on at one point did pause for a minute at the CBTC boundary, and the driver announced something like 'he was waiting for the system to pick up the train'. Are there still some demons in the system doing this at line speed, or did I perhaps mishear?

When it did get 'picked up' I noticed the PIS went blank until we were birthed in Paddington at which point it started showing Abbey Wood via Canary Wharf again. No such problems making the transition between Stratford and Whitechapel.

Last edited:

matt_world2004

Established Member
All seemed to be running rather smoothly today. Lots of patronage, most seemed impressed, although one or two confused looking people and at least one person who looked very annoyed after realising they'd taken a train up the wrong branch to Stratford.

The ex-Heathrow train I ended up on at one point did pause for a minute at the CBTC boundary, and the driver announced something like 'he was waiting for the system to pick up the train'. Are there still some demons in the system doing this at line speed, or did I perhaps mishear?
Same happened to my train from Reading. It seemed to slow to a stop and then immediately start up again

cactustwirly

Established Member

Only Twyford, Maidenhead and Slough have the GWR set up (possibly Reading?)

The other stations use the TfL set up, so the same as the east I'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.