• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Caboose Class

One of the rules which was established (by Quizmaster @transportphoto) in the forum General Knowledge Quiz was that "if a question is answered correctly and accepted by the question setter, but then no new question is set within one day (twenty-four hours) by the successful contestant, on expiry of this period, the floor will open for any member to set a new question". Do we need the same rule applied to this forum?

DaleCooper

Established Member
One of the rules which was established (by Quizmaster @transportphoto) in the forum General Knowledge Quiz was that "if a question is answered correctly and accepted by the question setter, but then no new question is set within one day (twenty-four hours) by the successful contestant, on expiry of this period, the floor will open for any member to set a new question". Do we need the same rule applied to this forum?
Yes.

Caboose Class

If there is no station called Leopard's Basilica there jolly well should be, it's a magnificent name.
I agree - anagram of Isabella and picadors! Sadly, however, the Lady Isabella only loves dancing with picadors - not flirting with them in anagrams!!

Caboose Class

I am extremely surprised that nobody has solved this clue yet. It's a straightforward anagram! Maybe this will help:- The town's natural water supply is 10x stronger than that of sea water and is only rivalled by that of the Dead Sea. The things you learn on Google!!

Calthrop

Established Member
I'm having crazy thoughts about a now closed station (though on a still-open passenger line) in the Republic of Ireland; but you wouldn't be that evil -- would you?

Caboose Class

I'm having crazy thoughts about a now closed station (though on a still-open passenger line) in the Republic of Ireland; but you wouldn't be that evil -- would you?
I could be - but I aren't! I must admit @Calthrop that I am truly amazed that no one can work out this simple anagram clue. Any joy with the Dead Sea clue? If not, think of a frail old lady like Lady Isabella going off to take the waters, in order to revitalise herself to go off dancing WITH PICADORS.

Calthrop

Established Member
It's Droitwich Spa, isn't it? (If I'm right there, open floor, please; have had to be told the answer, all-but.) I totally had it into my head, that "Isabella" was a more integral part of the clue, than your explanation suggests; was imagining it likely, part-and-parcel of the anagram.

Caboose Class

It's Droitwich Spa, isn't it? (If I'm right there, open floor, please; have had to be told the answer, all-but.) I totally had it into my head, that "Isabella" was a more integral part of the clue, than your explanation suggests; was imagining it likely, part-and-parcel of the anagram.
You and every one else I suspect! Open floor at your behest, Sir!