• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eddie77

Have you heard anything back since your medical? Did they let you know you had passed or did you follow it up with them?
No nothing back mate, still sitting as medical passed and awaiting drug screening results .
I haven’t chased it up or anything like that as that is 2 weeks today since my medical and OH said it’s a week to 10 days usually, so not massively over the anticipated time. I may call next week if i haven’t heard anything

JFerreday

The process is definitely taking it's time - I passed the assessment day for Trainee Driver for the Peak Forest talent pool at the end of April and still haven't heard anything regarding possible DMI interview dates!

Trying to use the time to learn as much as I can about the company though

NorthernTech

There doesn’t seem to have been much in the way of new adverts recently across TOC’s or FOC’s, all seems strangely quiet..

Eddie77

Just had an email there confirming I start my course on the 22nd August.

It’s been a long wait but delighted the wait is over and looking forward to getting started.

ILoveLamp

Congratulations. How long has the wait been? Did you follow up after your medical or did you just receive an email with job offer?

BigChip90

Ahh I’ve not long done mine at Toton, just getting my driving hours in at the minute. Congrats anyway and enjoy it!

Eddie77

See you at Didcot Eddie
Just out of curiosity, have you had your contract sent through yet ?

I’m still waiting on that and I can’t hand in my resignation before I sign my contract, but I have a 28 day notice period and I don’t want to cut it too fine. I’m hoping it comes this week

Traindriver40

Thanks mate, delighted, it’s been a long time coming lol
How long did you wait in the pool Eddie77 ?

I entered in March and haven't heard a thing i did email HR but no response so left it, the managers at dmi did say Hr will not no anything more than your told at dmi. But i wanted that reassurance which i didn't get, so im of the mind now to just forget it until the new year then email again.

Eddie77

How long did you wait in the pool Eddie77 ?

I entered in March and haven't heard a thing i did email HR but no response so left it, the managers at dmi did say Hr will not no anything more than your told at dmi. But i wanted that reassurance which i didn't get, so im of the mind now to just forget it until the new year then email again.
I was in the pool a couple of years mate, but that would have been due to COVID I’d imagine so I wouldn’t worry too much.
What I will say is, the HR department are really good so I’d have no qualms calling or emailing if you want to speak for some reassurance.

DJD

Congratulations DJD
Thank you mate, this has been an ambition of mine for quite a few years so to finally be starting this career is really exciting and I can’t wait to start.

I’m still waiting on that and I can’t hand in my resignation before I sign my contract, but I have a 28 day notice period and I don’t want to cut it too fine. I’m hoping it comes this week
Not yet she said that it would be sent out to me once I’d confirmed I was accepting the offer.

woodsy428

i have an assesment day up in Doncaster coming up for DB, i was wondering if anyone can tell me if they conduct the MMI the same day as the assesments, the email says you may have an interview but just wanted to see if anyone has maybe done it recently and could shed some light as ive read different things.

NorthernTech

Yes, the full suite of tests is done in one day, including MMI.

Have a good read through this thread and at the top of the forum page there is a search function. Any tests info you are not sure on, search it on there or just type psychometric etc etc..

Last edited:

Hst 125 blue

Hi Eddie
I’m in the same boat as you have you received your contract yet?

woodsy428

Don’t know if anyone can help me as well with this who’s sat an assesment recently, do I need to take both my passport and my driving license for the photo id or can I take either or?

FlyingVixen

Finally got my interview on Monday via Teams! Any help in terms of what they will ask and what I should prep for would be most welcome!! I’m very nervous!

Don’t know if anyone can help me as well with this who’s sat an assesment recently, do I need to take both my passport and my driving license for the photo id or can I take either or?
I just took one and my NI card!