• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Schenker - Trainee Driver and Trainee Driver Operator ( Various Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will.C

Also, anyone who's done the new Assessment, was there any mechanical comprehension questions? Any lever and pully sort of things?

Many thanks :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Septus

Anyone on here who applied in November started the assessment stages?

And did anyone apply for Bescot?

Will.C

Hi all does anybody know if theres a Mechanical comprehension test in the new assessments for DBS? Doesn't mention anything about it in the pack I've been sent.

wanabedriver

Anyone on here who applied in November started the assessment stages?

And did anyone apply for Bescot?

Not a sausage. I have emailed them over two weeks ago and not had a reply. I have also tried to phone, managed to leave a message but not had a response back. I did receive a phone call before Christmas and was told I would be short listed for assessments in February.

I applied for Wembley depot. Anyone out there heard anything from the November application

benno79

Just had a thanks but no thanks email for an application I put in November, assume it is because I failed the mmi in November and can't resit until April.

Nick82

Anyone on this forum work for DB or any other freight company who can offer any advice on driver training and the company in its self

Nick82

can anyone give any advice on the train driver assessment, what is it like in terms of difficulty ect

mick dundee

ive posted mine back to lynsey with the contract etc
im going to drive 1st week and stay at the novotel . we will have ppe plus rule books etc I should think to llect
regards glenn

Hi crazy...how's things going as trainee driver?i just passed my medical for emt depot driver and starting date is end of next month.just wondered how you or everyone are getting on with the rule book

Will.C

For the assessment day they ask you to take documentary evidence of your National Insurance number. Would a pay slip with it on and my actual NI card be ok to use for this?

wanabedriver

Interview Tips Please

Hi everyone, I am calling out to those who have recently passed a depot managers interview with DBS. I have an interview soon and would like some tips. I have faled a depot managers interview before with another TOC and would like some pointers on good interview techniques as well as good research tips.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everone still in the process.

colin86

hi wanabedriver what depot have you applied for and when did you pass your assessment. im in the same position as you (waiting for my depot managers interview) this is my first attempt at a trainee driver post and would like some advice/ hints/ tips too.

Last edited:

wanabedriver

hi wanabedriver what depot have you applied for and when did you pass your assessment. im in the same position as you (waiting for my depot managers interview) this is my first attempt at a trainee driver post and would like some advice/ hints/ tips too.

Hi mate,

I passed my assessments last year with another TOC but failed a managers interview. I guess the main things to research will be the company and use your examples from the structured interview as some questions are similar.

colin86

hi wannabe thanks for the reply yes i have been doing my homework on DBS. Did you receive any feedback from your interview with regards to where you went wrong?

wanabedriver

hi wannabe thanks for the reply yes i have been doing my homework on DBS. Did you receive any feedback from your interview with regards to where you went wrong?

Private message me mate and we can talk a bit more
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Hi Mate,

trying to private message you but it will not go through, check your settings

dapc

Interview Tips Please

Hi everyone, I am calling out to those who have recently passed a depot managers interview with DBS. I have an interview soon and would like some tips. I have faled a depot managers interview before with another TOC and would like some pointers on good interview techniques as well as good research tips.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everone still in the process.

In the exact same position and the same story as you! Iv got my interview very very soon!

dapc

Thank you!And same for you when it happens!

I applied for Acton and Wembley. Im local to both so thought to make my self look more available.

anchorman

I did a manager interview in November, and despite chasing twice have had no feedback or result - which is pretty appalling really! HR just said they had a backlog
I took a lot of time to gen up on the company profile, business etc etc - and all I got was basically a repeat of the structured interview questions and not one question about the company.
I don't think my face fitted or something, but if that was the case I don't understand why I was even interviewed!
Sorry to be a bit negative - but big companies don't seem to realise that they are playing with peoples lives - and the minimum they should do is give the courtesy of a reply - and in a timely manner (despite at the interview promising within 2-3 weeks!)

Equestrianlad

Hi there,

Are there any people due to start the trainee driver course with DB Schenker on 6th May?
Have you had a contract yet ?

I am still waiting but need to hand my notice in this Friday if I am to give 4 weeks notice to my current employer.

Wondered if anyone else starting then wanted to get in touch prior to starting ?

Hope to hear from you soon

dapc

Give wanabedriver a pm. I think he is on the may course. I was going to be but im in Japan at the moment so it wouldnt give much time between drug test and giving my notice in. :(

RB5Bird

Xyz, I am due to start on the 6th May. I haven't had a proper contract yet, just the initial formal offer with the uniform form and pension stuff. No proper contract signed, or the training contract to sign.

Got used to waiting by now, although I have already finished work, so it had better be alright in the end. Roll on May!

jcook84

Same here, on the May course but no contract. Medical passed and uniform ordered. Not seen anything about pension yet though.

keith43003

Hello All!

I've applied for a trainee driver position at Westbury towards the end of last year. Passed the Driver Assessments no problem back on 4th March. Had interview with Production Manager at Westbury last Thursday (27th) and despite being told I'd hear back within a week, have heard nothing. Was told if I were successful, I'd start training at Toton in the August intake.

Am interested to hear if anyone is on same sort of timings as myself and if they've been told similar things???

This thread is also a great insight into fellow 'recruits' taking to the industry, and it's nice to hear from different people as they've progressed through each stage!

Keep it up!

Cheers chaps (& chap-esses!)

:D

Deltic Dan

I passed my assessments last week awaiting stage 3 interview but I applied last September and also presumed I'd not been successful until I received an information pack
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've got through to the final interview with DB Schenker and was wounding if anyone else has already had there final interview and if I could ask what type of questions where you asked
Cheers dan

Status
Not open for further replies.