• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Schenker - Trainee Driver and Trainee Driver Operator ( Various Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazz

Hi Guys,

May be a daft question, but what is the pension at DB Schenker?

Cheers

Gazz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

Anybody heard back yet?

Lol, the vacancies haven't even closed yet. It states on their website that we'll hear off them from next week, between the 2nd and 16th of September.

I know how it's feeling though, I keep checking my emails for a response too, for some reason.:lol:

Last edited:

Dynamonic

I noticed earlier today that the vacancies have now been removed, three days early. Seems like they've been inundated with applications as expected. Lol

Clarky042

Hi all, I received the practice material pack this morning..... 12th Sep assesment in B'ham

Dynamonic

I wonder if all the Birmingham Stage 1 candidates are being informed this week, and the Doncaster candidates next week. (To make sure everyone gets the same amount of revision time.) I jump at every email I'm getting now, lol.

Last edited:

Clarky042

I wonder if all the Birmingham Stage 1 candidates are being informed this week, and the Doncaster candidates next week. (To make sure everyone gets the same amount of revision time.) I jump at every email I'm getting now, lol.

Sorry Dynamonic , just to clarify mate I still have not had any emails..... the pack arrived via good ol fashioned Snail Mail today !

Dynamonic

Nothing for me today....it will be interesting to see if those going to the different locations get the packs at the same time or not.

Toton for me - 40min drive.

Toton for me too! It's about 20 minutes from me.

There we are, both Toton positions filled, lol.

aced1

Hi came across this post on google as was doing some digging. I also received my pack through this morning, have an assessment in Birmingham on 12th September, well Wolverhampton actually. No emails just through my letterbox. Oh yeah new member so hi all :D

Dynamonic

Hi came across this post on google as was doing some digging. I also received my pack through this morning, have an assessment in Birmingham on 12th September, well Wolverhampton actually. No emails just through my letterbox. Oh yeah new member so hi all :D

Hello there! Welcome to the forum, and all the best with your application! :D

Dynamonic

Nothing in post today :|

Nor me either! It looks like some of us may not find out until next week, in advance for the Doncaster assessment, which is on the 24th September. (I remember the advertisement mentioning that successful applicants will be contacted all the way up to 16th September.) Good test of patience mind. lol

Last edited:

WM307

I've had my pack through today, inviting me to the trainee driver assessment in Doncaster. It's great news but there are so many hurdles still ahead of me. This is the first time I've managed to emerge successful from the application form stage.
My passion is to specifically be a freight driver so here goes!

Dynamonic

I've had my pack through today, inviting me to the trainee driver assessment in Doncaster. It's great news but there are so many hurdles still ahead of me. This is the first time I've managed to emerge successful from the application form stage.
My passion is to specifically be a freight driver so here goes!

Congratulations to you and all the best with your application. If I receive a pack (nothing for me today though), it'll also be my first time past the form stage. Where are you hoping to be based if successful?

Last edited:

WM307

Congratulations to you and all the best with your application. If I receive a pack (nothing for me today though), it'll also be my first time past the form stage. Where are you hoping to be based if successful?

I applied for Toton as my preference. However in reality I would gladly take a role anywhere in the Midlands or North of the UK.
My ideal place would be Bescot Yard but this was unfortunately unavailable for this round of recruitment.
Good luck, hope you hear back soon.

aced1

Silly question but anyone know if the first stage is smart casual or shirt and tie dress code? I was a shunter for dbs few years back, and was casual but dunno if different for trainee driver? Yes fair few steps are ahead but be more than worth it if taken on i guess. Done all the tests before apart from the computerised reaction tests so kind of know what to expect, hardest bit about it i would say is the structured interview part as they do grill you on the info you provide so it definitely pays to practice that. First though part 1 to get through on thursday. Wish you all the best of luck, shall update my progress.... if any :)

doubleamber

I've not heard nothing back yet, I have already passed the assesment privately, so does anyone know if you bypass this stage??

TRACY TRAIN

I've also already passed and I got an invite for 30th October this morning for an additional 2 further tests...very excited :)

doubleamber

Nice one, good luck anyway, not checked my emails for a few days now, so who knows, I put, Doncaster, Immingham and Rotherham, in that order, any hint as in to what the 2 further assessments are?

Clarky042

I've not heard nothing back yet, I have already passed the assesment privately, so does anyone know if you bypass this stage??

Very possibly..... I got a call from HR Yesterday letting me know that I am not required for Day 1 due to previous current passes , so I only need to go to day 2. Still to find out what date but it means I don't have to try and get a sneaky day off work next week without telling them why !

Status
Not open for further replies.