• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay using West Yorks Annual MCard for part of journey - proof of purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Hello all,
I've been trying to obtain delay repay for a journey from Stockport to Leeds, where I used (a) the return portion of a Mirfield-Stockport Off-Peak Return plus (b) my annual West Yorkshire MCard (zones 1-3, which covers the Mirfield-Leeds part).

Transpennine Express (whose train cancellation caused the delay) are asking for a proof of the price paid for the MCard. However, as I purchased this through the scheme that gives further discount if bought through an employer, all I have is the loan agreement with my employer. I have sent this, and emailed WYCA to see if a receipt can be issued.
I wasn't really expecting any compensation other than part of the value of the rail ticket. I'm sure that's what has happened in similar claims I have made in the past.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts that might help please?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TUC

Established Member
If you were only looking for Delay Repay for the section of the journey covered by the rail ticket, why bother mentioning the MCard at all? Why not just state the journey as Mirfield-Stockport?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If you were only looking for Delay Repay for the section of the journey covered by the rail ticket, why bother mentioning the MCard at all? Why not just state the journey as Mirfield-Stockport?
Presumably because the OP's train did not stop at Mirfield and therefore this would make little sense.

TUC

Established Member

Grizzly

Hello and thanks for the replies. Yes, I was on a train that didn't stop at Mirfield. I was under the impression, mainly from discussion on here, that PTE tickets were treated the same as rail seasons in this respect after the change to NRCOT. I can't find anything in the current MCard T&C saying either way, but it does say they are not part of delay repay.

hkstudent

Established Member
But MCards cannot be used in conjunction with a rail ticket where the train does not stop at the changeover station. https://www.wymetro.com/media/2280/1910-cross-boundary-leaflet-22318-final.pdf states 'Please note fares may be combined only to and from a station at which your train makes a scheduled stop.'
Metro's TOC has been criticized for violating NRCOT in some threads here.
MCard is a zonal product and hence the combination of ticket rules ik NRCOT applies.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
More to the point, I cannot see anywhere that this leaflet is referenced in the actual terms and conditions as shown on the website. And therefore anything it says is not a term of the contract.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
But MCards cannot be used in conjunction with a rail ticket where the train does not stop at the changeover station. https://www.wymetro.com/media/2280/1910-cross-boundary-leaflet-22318-final.pdf states 'Please note fares may be combined only to and from a station at which your train makes a scheduled stop.'
That leaflet appears to date from 2018. I cannot find anything on the MCard website either under the General Terms nor those for an Annual that would appear to apply. Nor can even find a copy of that leaflet on the MCard website itself.

@Grizzly I think just wait and see what TPE come back with for now. It is clear that the MCard doesn't attract Delay Repay so it's probably someone who hadn't had their morning coffee yet and someone will eventually spot that they should only be compensating on the rail ticket.

Grizzly

That leaflet appears to date from 2018. I cannot find anything on the MCard website either under the General Terms nor those for an Annual that would appear to apply. Nor can even find a copy of that leaflet on the MCard website itself.

@Grizzly I think just wait and see what TPE come back with for now. It is clear that the MCard doesn't attract Delay Repay so it's probably someone who hadn't had their morning coffee yet and someone will eventually spot that they should only be compensating on the rail ticket.
Thanks all, i have emailed TPE mentioning the Ineligibility for Delay Repay. It's not going to be a large amount this time, but I didn't want to be in this position if there's a delay that's longer/on a more expensive ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.