• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone know what grade first group accept on psychometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcarrington

Hello

I sat my psychometrics with first group in July and passed then nothing came of the job role. I did ask what standard I passed too but they would not tell me.
Does anyone know what first group accept ? A standard or enhanced pass

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulBusDriver

Hello

I sat my psychometrics with first group in July and passed then nothing came of the job role. I did ask what standard I passed too but they would not tell me.
Does anyone know what first group accept ? A standard or enhanced pass

thanks
For GWR its National standard. Avanti is Enhanced but don't know about SWR or TPE.

TeaTrain

That’s interesting @Owen2323. I have never heard of it being based on location. TOC yes but location is new to me!

TPE require enhanced. I’m a trainee Driver with TPE.

DunfordBridge

I am wondering if the assessments were with the new East Coast venture in which case, it will not say on the PDF document from the OPC. The scores will be on a national database so all TOCs should see the information but will not necessary know about differing levels of enhanced scores required by other TOCs, that demand enhananced standard.

Last edited:

dcarrington

I am wondering if the assessments were with the new East Coast venture in which case, it will not say on the PDF document from the OPC. The scores will be on a national database so all TOCs should see the information but will not necessary know about differing levels of enhanced scores required by other TOCs, that demand enhananced standard.
It was for the driver role for the new East Coast service between Edinburgh and London

Stigy

Established Member
For GWR its National standard. Avanti is Enhanced but don't know about SWR or TPE.
SWR are national standard.

According to the OPC website it varies for First Group locations (which seems odd!?):

Organisations recruiting train drivers website list.pdf (theopc.co.uk)
It’s historical standards really, which were in place potentially before said TOCs became a part of first group. For example Avanti were enhanced when they were Virgin, and they will more than likely stay the same. First is just the parent company and will have nothing to do with whether assessments are standard or enhanced.

Ceat0908

Hi folks, does anyone know if TPE uses an enhanced standard for conductor tests, in particular the SCAAT test, or does the standard not change for conductor tests, only for drivers?

TeaTrain

some Tocs do look for enhanced for conductor jobs as well ATW did and TFW does now as far as I am aware. I don’t know for certain for TPE though. It may be best to start a new thread to get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.