• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driving while travelling on actual route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Anyone drivien the train they are taking while travelling along the actual route? I was thinking of driving the Victoria - Brighton route while on the actual train and see how close I got to the timings. unfortunately I have a Mac so cant.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jegerpizza

Ive done that a few times.
B-yCN6ZUEAAabD2.jpg

https://twitter.com/jegerpizza/status/570974432363212800

Stigy

Established Member
Anyone drivien the train they are taking while travelling along the actual route? I was thinking of driving the Victoria - Brighton route while on the actual train and see how close I got to the timings. unfortunately I have a Mac so cant.
Assuming you have a laptop, have you thought about dual booting it to partition part of it for Windows? I have an I-Mac and have done that to play certain games and it works well. Even the mouse and keyboard work okay.

ModernRailways

Established Member
I did London to Brighton whilst travelling London to Brighton.

The Train Sim version got in 4 minutes before we actually made it in. Mind, London to Croydon was where I gained 3 minutes on the actual train I was travelling on. Croydon to Brighton was pretty much matching.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Cool, I am travelling fown to plymouth so will give it a try :) What is the TrainSim 2015 route from Paddington - Plymouth? I have one as far as Reading.

Last edited:

ModernRailways

Established Member
Cool, I am travelling fown to plymouth so will give it a try :) What is the TrainSim 2015 route from Paddington - Plymouth? I have one as far as Reading.

I believe there is the Dawlish Coast Line - Riviera Line IIRC.

John Webb

Established Member
Who wants to play a simulation on a computer when travelling on the actual route? I'd far rather be enjoying the real scenery through the window! :D

Crossover

Established Member
I've Simsigged Stafford while travelling through Stafford.

Me and a friend did that a few years ago whilst travelling to Stafford from Manchester. It may have been the Stafford one we were playing on

Who wants to play a simulation on a computer when travelling on the actual route? I'd far rather be enjoying the real scenery through the window! :D

At night time, I would :P

Status
Not open for further replies.