• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

Eyersey468

Established Member
East Riding Council is funding a replacement service for both the 45 and the 55, both of which East Yorkshire Buses have won the contracts for.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RELL6L

East Riding Council is funding a replacement service for both the 45 and the 55, both of which East Yorkshire Buses have won the contracts for.
Good for the 45. I hope it connects well with the x46 and 121 to allow through traffic.

Is that the whole 55 or just the Goole end?

RM-Taylor

I wonder how many passengers on EY long distance routes actually pay a fare rather than using a pass. For me, they really need to look at lowering prices to get bums on seats. For instance, if I took my partner from Hull to Bridlington for the day, it would take the best part of 2 hours on the bus and cost £25. We can drive in 50 mins, park for free and it costs less than £10 in fuel. Unless you are travelling free, the bus really isn’t an attractive prospect. The same applies from York/Pocklington/Market Weighton etc
Is the duo ticket for £18 no longer available?

348 (YX56 FHR) in the body shop for conversion to training bus. I thought 345 was the next to be converted?

HullRailMan

348 (YX56 FHR) in the body shop for conversion to training bus. I thought 345 was the next to be converted?
Can’t see anything online about a duo ticket. I’m basing the cost on 2x adult go anywhere. EY website also suggests these are going up from £12.50 each to £13.20

Eyersey468

Established Member
Good for the 45. I hope it connects well with the x46 and 121 to allow through traffic.

Is that the whole 55 or just the Goole end?
As far as i know its the section between Elloughton and Goole, though there appears to be no peak time service to Gilberdyke. There also appears to be no journeys at all on a Sunday either

I'd not heard 348 was becoming a training bus, I was under the impression it was re-entering service

Update re 348. They are looking at converting another bus to a driver trainer but its more likely to be 345 than 348.

Last edited:

RELL6L

Can’t see anything online about a duo ticket. I’m basing the cost on 2x adult go anywhere. EY website also suggests these are going up from £12.50 each to £13.20
I saw that on the website but was only charged £12.50 yesterday. Agree it was probably mostly passes on the 45. Full report to follow in the usual thread, hopefully on Monday.

RM-Taylor

I'd not heard 348 was becoming a training bus, I was under the impression it was re-entering service

Update re 348. They are looking at converting another bus to a driver trainer but its more likely to be 345 than 348.
You'll know more than me, but from what I’ve heard one is for training conversation and then 3 others (346/7/one more) are off up to GNE

Eyersey468

Established Member
You'll know more than me, but from what I’ve heard one is for training conversation and then 3 others (346/7/one more) are off up to GNE
Ive not heard anything about any of them going to GNE, as far as i know from 1st April 346-8 are re-entering service at Hull and I imagine some of the other delicenced buses will re-enter service as well due to the uplift in service at Easter

Ilovetrains43

On Moderation
Ive not heard anything about any of them going to GNE, as far as i know from 1st April 346-8 are re-entering service at Hull and I imagine some of the other delicenced buses will re-enter service as well due to the uplift in service at Easter
342 will be gone, it has been out of use for ages.

RELL6L

The timetable for the 45/145 (presume 145 subsidised, 45 commercial) is now to be found in the East Yorkshire website by inputting future dates. And Bustimes.
Very odd.
Jolly glad I did it when I did!

145 is 06.45 Driffield to Market Weighton, return at 17.40.
Also four return journeys from Driffield to Lund (near Middleton on the Wolds) leaving at 10,00, 11.00, 13.00, 14.00.

45 remains but only one return journey, 16.55 from Bridlington to York and 19.25 from York to Bridlington. Assuming this isn't an error, they are the current times (except the 19.25 is currently a 45A) and in fact the 16.55 is the bus I got, so my trip would still work!

So you can return from a day out in Bridlington - if only you could get there!

Between York and Market Weighton the 45s now run as 46s at the same times and just sit there for half an hour while other journeys run to Holme on Spalding Moor as 46s.

Looks really silly!

Eyersey468

Established Member
The timetable for the 45/145 (presume 145 subsidised, 45 commercial) is now to be found in the East Yorkshire website by inputting future dates. And Bustimes.
Very odd.
Jolly glad I did it when I did!

145 is 06.45 Driffield to Market Weighton, return at 17.40.
Also four return journeys from Driffield to Lund (near Middleton on the Wolds) leaving at 10,00, 11.00, 13.00, 14.00.

45 remains but only one return journey, 16.55 from Bridlington to York and 19.25 from York to Bridlington. Assuming this isn't an error, they are the current times (except the 19.25 is currently a 45A) and in fact the 16.55 is the bus I got, so my trip would still work!

So you can return from a day out in Bridlington - if only you could get there!

Between York and Market Weighton the 45s now run as 46s at the same times and just sit there for half an hour while other journeys run to Holme on Spalding Moor as 46s.

Looks really silly!
The 45 journey in question was already council funded

RELL6L

The 45 journey in question was already council funded
That makes sense - but it makes even less sense! When you had 6 trips across the Wolds from Market Weighton to Driffield, one of which needed council funding, why keep that one and withdraw all the others?

If East Yorkshire are running a bus shuttling between Driffield and Middleton (Lund) during the day while another one sits at Market Weighton for 30 minutes every 2 hours, surely they can be connected up!
Send the 10.00 from Driffield to Lund across to Market Weighton, it can connect with the X46 to York, pause then run the 11.05 46 to York. At the same time extend the 46 arriving Market Weighton at 10.35 to Driffield, it will arrive about 11.10 so then run the 11.00 circuit at 11.15. The driver gets a break then. And you have provided a service to get from York to Bridlington so people can get there to enjoy the 16.55 coming back.

The alternative of course to Bridlington is go change at Beverley. But these appear to be designed to not connect. About 50 minutes connection each way. Which made sense when the 45 fitted in with both the X46 and 121. Or via Scarborough, but that's much longer. Or drive or take the train if you really want to go...

Strange that the 145 retains a peak facility from Driffield to Market Weighton connecting into the X46 to and from York, presumably this is used.

Any idea if the 145 is going to be run by Pocklington or Bridlington?

Eyersey468

Established Member
That makes sense - but it makes even less sense! When you had 6 trips across the Wolds from Market Weighton to Driffield, one of which needed council funding, why keep that one and withdraw all the others?

If East Yorkshire are running a bus shuttling between Driffield and Middleton (Lund) during the day while another one sits at Market Weighton for 30 minutes every 2 hours, surely they can be connected up!
Send the 10.00 from Driffield to Lund across to Market Weighton, it can connect with the X46 to York, pause then run the 11.05 46 to York. At the same time extend the 46 arriving Market Weighton at 10.35 to Driffield, it will arrive about 11.10 so then run the 11.00 circuit at 11.15. The driver gets a break then. And you have provided a service to get from York to Bridlington so people can get there to enjoy the 16.55 coming back.

The alternative of course to Bridlington is go change at Beverley. But these appear to be designed to not connect. About 50 minutes connection each way. Which made sense when the 45 fitted in with both the X46 and 121. Or via Scarborough, but that's much longer. Or drive or take the train if you really want to go...

Strange that the 145 retains a peak facility from Driffield to Market Weighton connecting into the X46 to and from York, presumably this is used.

Any idea if the 145 is going to be run by Pocklington or Bridlington?
Bridlington I believe. I understand what you are saying re the timings of the connections at Beverley, the problem is if they retime the 121 for a better connection it means all the other Hull to Beverley buses have to be retimed as well to maintain frequency, then the 46s journeys have to be as well again to keep frequencies. At one time I believe all the Market Weighton to Driffield buses were subsidised but in 2018 the council withdrew the subsidy.

RELL6L

Bridlington I believe. I understand what you are saying re the timings of the connections at Beverley, the problem is if they retime the 121 for a better connection it means all the other Hull to Beverley buses have to be retimed as well to maintain frequency, then the 46s journeys have to be as well again to keep frequencies. At one time I believe all the Market Weighton to Driffield buses were subsidised but in 2018 the council withdrew the subsidy.
I understand that the X46 and 121 work together as part of the combined frequency between Beverley and Hull. And even though I am sure this could be altered that would mean fundamentally retiming either the X46 or 121 which would be a bad things as passengers are used to when they run now. It just seems absolutely crazy that the new 145 does not permit any day trip to Bridlington from York, and yet the 16.55 round trip from Bridlington is retained! Its on the East Yorkshire website now with no attempt to justify why the last round trip still runs.

And the X5 has gone with just one extra journey from Goole (only this way) on the 55 to compensate. Last journey from Hull to Goole is at 13.00!

Eyersey468

Established Member
I understand that the X46 and 121 work together as part of the combined frequency between Beverley and Hull. And even though I am sure this could be altered that would mean fundamentally retiming either the X46 or 121 which would be a bad things as passengers are used to when they run now. It just seems absolutely crazy that the new 145 does not permit any day trip to Bridlington from York, and yet the 16.55 round trip from Bridlington is retained! Its on the East Yorkshire website now with no attempt to justify why the last round trip still runs.

And the X5 has gone with just one extra journey from Goole (only this way) on the 55 to compensate. Last journey from Hull to Goole is at 13.00!
The other issue with retiming the 121 is that the Coaster buses would have to be retimed as well. I do understand your point about the 45 and the 145 though.

The problem with buses to Goole from Hull is the corridor has lost money west of Elloughton for years, in places like Eastrington the buses simply aren't used enough to justify an hourly service, though I do agree there should have been at least one peak time journey to Gilberdyke and a later bus to Goole from Hull with a later journey out of Goole

sbrignall72

I've heard it is off the road although I'm unsure why, I will see if I can find anything out.
I believe there are ticket machine identity issues at Bridlington. 502 was identified as 702, but I think has now been sorted, 358 was tracking as 502, and I believe 381 was 358.

East Yorkshire will now be running a Dalesbus service on Sundays and bank holidays starting at Easter, running Pocklington, Kexby, York, Poppleton, Ripon, Pately Bridge, Grassington then extending onto Hawes as well and return.

Test run was done today using Eastrider mmc400 927.

Last edited by a moderator:

RM-Taylor

It was photographed in service earlier on
Thank you, still hasn’t tracked since January 7th though. In fact none of the EY fleet has tracked since Monday this week.

804 now in the body shop, any idea if this is off into EastRider or just the standard EY livery

Eyersey468

Established Member
Thank you, still hasn’t tracked since January 7th though. In fact none of the EY fleet has tracked since Monday this week.

804 now in the body shop, any idea if this is off into EastRider or just the standard EY livery
I'm not sure, I haven't heard anything about any of the 67 reg ones getting Eastrider branding but, and this is speculation on my part, it wouldn't surprise me if the 2 Pocklington ones did.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Apologese, wrong thread!
No problem. I've looked it up, we don't operate them although we did have 10 old style E400 hybrids which were converted to diesel partly due to the cost of replacing the batteries but also unreliability.

Coach 8 had its National Express vinyls applied today (05/05) and is expected to be on the road next week

Last edited:

Eyersey468

Established Member
904 is out of paint shop and on the road with 804 in paint shop. 342 has been sold.

RM-Taylor

Appears 381 from Bridlington and 908 are both in the body shop for works. Presume these will go in for repaint also which would mean all the Enviro 200s and 400s would finally be in the new livery.

Edit - forgot 778 is a E400

Last edited by a moderator: