• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

RM-Taylor

718 was being worked on by the body men today and will be next in line for paint shop after 365.
Is 718 definitely off in to EY livery or is their a new variation for the RAF/Poppy branding? Or is this not known yet?

Many thanks for your updates and replies on here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eyersey468

Established Member
Is 718 definitely off in to EY livery or is their a new variation for the RAF/Poppy branding? Or is this not known yet?

Many thanks for your updates and replies on here.
No problem. I'm sorry I am unsure at the moment if it is going into fleet livery or a new variation of the poppy branding.

Ilovetrains43

On Moderation
365 is in the paintshop, nearly done. 718 is still in the bodyshop receiving paint works

375/377 have been relicensed to Hull to replace 382/3/4 which move to Scarborough

Last edited:

Eyersey468

Established Member
Service x5 registration is cancelled from the 10th of April. I can't say i am surprised to be honest as it was hardly carrying anyone.

Eyersey468

Established Member
That means is that it has gone through the Traffic Commissioners Open Data. It's just delayed going through N+Ps.
Aah i see thanks for the explanation

Update 7/3/22
45/45A cancellation now on Notices and Proceedings

Last edited:

Eyersey468

Established Member
So is the 45/A being completely withdrawn? That’s very bad!
As I understand it the 45 will be running to Holme on Spalding Moor and not up to Driffield. Unfortunately low passenger numbers on that section of the route have caused its withdrawal. I believe the council is tendering for a replacement service.

Established Member
As I see it, service 18 and 46 are the same. 45/45A should not run to Holme-on-Spalding-Moor unless it is replacing the 18 or 46.
Looking at the route maps on bustimes.org for the 18 and 46 I can't see how they are the same. To me they run via completely different routes and just share the same start and end points.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Looking at the route maps on bustimes.org for the 18 and 46 I can't see how they are the same. To me they run via completely different routes and just share the same start and end points.
Yes they run completely different routes and not all of the 18s go to Holme on Spalding Moor

HullRailMan

Is there an opportunity to redeploy the ‘EastRider’ vehicles from the 45/45A to the 121? It seems odd to me that the 121 hasn’t had an upgrade to EastRider when every other main long distance route has.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Is there an opportunity to redeploy the ‘EastRider’ vehicles from the 45/45A to the 121? It seems odd to me that the 121 hasn’t had an upgrade to EastRider when every other main long distance route has.
There is only one Eastrider bus at Bridlington. I am told by management they want to upgrade both the Coaster routes and the 121, however there is currently nothing on order nor will anything be ordered before July at the earliest

RELL6L

As I understand it the 45 will be running to Holme on Spalding Moor and not up to Driffield. Unfortunately low passenger numbers on that section of the route have caused its withdrawal. I believe the council is tendering for a replacement service.
That is a great shame. It means Bridlington will have nothing but north-south connections by both bus and train and no viable public transport link to York. Also the villages between Driffield and Market Weighton will have nothing. I hope decent replacement is arranged. I can see why, if they aren't going anywhere else, the 45 might as well go to Holme on Spalding Moor, it will save one bus compared to going to Bridlington. But the current timetable provides resources for a school contract in the morning (before the first 45A to Bridlington) and in the afternoon (between 14.59 at Driffield and 16.20 at Pocklington) so it is pretty efficient now.

Andyh82

Established Member
When the infrequent 845 run by Yorkshire Coastliner was withdrawn, I’m sure they advertised the EYMS 45 as providing the York to Bridlington link instead. But if this is going there will now be nothing, passengers would have to travel via Scarborough

Eyersey468

Established Member
Well that’s good but it will probably make York to Bridlington pretty much impractical- except maybe via Scarborough? Any idea what level of service this might be?
Sorry i haven't seen a timetable yet so have no idea as to the level of service this will be, I will let you know when I find out

RELL6L

There’s a fair few on the 45 I am on now, most returning from a trip to the seaside I think. I bet they don’t know it’s going to be withdrawn soon!DBFDC8DD-AE11-4554-9B6E-BA2D50C898B0.jpeg

Last edited:

HullRailMan

I wonder how many passengers on EY long distance routes actually pay a fare rather than using a pass. For me, they really need to look at lowering prices to get bums on seats. For instance, if I took my partner from Hull to Bridlington for the day, it would take the best part of 2 hours on the bus and cost £25. We can drive in 50 mins, park for free and it costs less than £10 in fuel. Unless you are travelling free, the bus really isn’t an attractive prospect. The same applies from York/Pocklington/Market Weighton etc