• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML Disruption 02/11 - Huntingdon / Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Regarding Edinburgh, a 'big fuse' has blown which is affecting a wide area beyond Edinburgh Waverley.
Is there no scope to run services but only part of the way, like Glasgow Queen Street to Linlithgow or Glasgow Central to Shotts or Fife to Inverkeithing? Or is the failure affecting that area too?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alanko

Somewhere between Waverley and Queen Street.
Regarding Edinburgh, a 'big fuse' has blown which is affecting a wide area beyond Edinburgh Waverley.

I feel sorry for 2H44 which has been stuck just outside Edinburgh Park for over two hours now.

I feel sorry for 2H44 which has been stuck just outside Edinburgh Park for over two hours now.

Established Member
Is there no scope to run services but only part of the way, like Glasgow Queen Street to Linlithgow or Glasgow Central to Shotts or Fife to Inverkeithing? Or is the failure affecting that area too?
All depends how far the relevant signal panel controls. Edinburgh signal centre is unable to signal trains over a large area.

Established Member
2Z99 has appeared at Hitchin.

A class 2 rescue?
1Z99 has evacuated the first train and is now assisting the second.

Maybe 2Z99 is to attempt to move one of the trains?

Update: lead to believe 2Z99 is the RHTT which was running as 3J39.

Last edited:

uglymonkey

17:46 ex London Bridge depart 15 late to Cambridge. Now stopped outside Stevenage, Cambridge train in front of us terminated at Stevenage according to our driver.

KGX

Personally I’d be on a Euston to Man Avanti then onto a TPE (if there’s a connection based on next departures) .

Didn’t want to risk a stranding in Manchester! Just left KGX on an LNER. Hopefully make it all the way.

Warrior2852

Yeah this was why I had it on a separate thread (which got merged here), the scope of that issue is well beyond just the ECML.
The TPE Manchester Airport to Edinburgh has been redirected to Glasgow Central.

Established Member
1N33 2000 KGX to Sunderland will
Divert via Cambridge

uglymonkey

My train now fast to Cambridge after letchworth. So thanks guys nice walk home to Baldock in the rain after a long day at work!!!

LowLevel

Established Member
I did think it was a bit odd the wire scrapers were allowed to sail along the fasts today whilst my 158 was restricted to 40 from Stoke Junction to Greatford and also apparently banned from the fast lines!

zwk500

Veteran Member
Rumours that York Roc has been evacuated
Trains are still shown on OTT to be moving in the York area, which suggests at least some people are still in there, even if they're just getting trains to the nearest safe place to shut down the job.
I pity anybody travelling on an LNER today:
1698953997345.png
(image showing 1E21, 1E22 and 1E23 being held in consecutive berths approaching Skelton Bridge Junction north of York).

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Looks like all at danger now in the York area, bar the Grand Central service in the photo above (1A69) which still has a wee distance to go before hitting a red.

Edit - a Northern service via Harrogate has the road and a XC service is ready to start - so no, some traffic still on the move.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Doncaster is completely empty on OTT, which given there's 3 LNER stuck north of York seems slightly strange even if they couldn't get any further south. Sorry if I've missed any reports on the previous page, hopefully everybody in Yorkshire is safe.

Peter0124

Established Member
Not ECML related (instead related to the issue at Edinburgh) but Avanti's 9M62 looks to be starting at Glasgow Central rather than Edinburgh.

Observed large passenger numbers onboard 9M62 at Glasgow, probably to do with cancelled trains prior. Left about 5 mins ago.

RTT has it starting at "Carstairs South Junction", probably because that's where it picks up the path. Albeit late.

Established Member
Regards Edinburgh: Nearest known replacement part is currently in London

Warrior2852

Not ECML related (instead related to the issue at Edinburgh) but Avanti's 9M62 looks to be starting at Glasgow Central rather than Edinburgh.

Observed large passenger numbers onboard 9M62 at Glasgow, probably to do with cancelled trains prior. Left about 5 mins ago.

RTT has it starting at "Carstairs South Junction", probably because that's where it picks up the path. Albeit late.
TPE's been doing the same

Established Member
Edinburgh station not expected to reopen for services at all this evening.

Banham7

Regarding Huntingdon-Peterborough: Lines will remain closed overnight for repairs. This is also likely to affect trains running at the start of service tomorrow morning, as trains will not be in the right place for the start of day.
Please do not attempt to travel this evening and delay travelling until after 09:00 tomorrow morning. (Friday 3rd November).

Last edited:

Gaelan

Presumably a huge logistical mess for a small number of passengers; and terminating trains at places like Linlithgow will be quite tricky.

Established Member
Mk4 set in platform 0 at Kings Cross apparently being thunderbird hauled north via Cambridge.

After passage of 1S31 at Huntingdon, no more passengers service will be allowed through.

Status
Not open for further replies.