• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

European Class 66's to UK

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Train

Established Member
Thanks @Mag_seven, no 'proof' to quote as yet but it's been suggested that GBRf have secured a further 11 European locos, seven Class 77s and four class 66s to be numbered 66306 to 66316, I'm sure that proof will be along shortly
The Euro loco's have now been confirmed on WNXX, although they don't state details of which numbers they will become in the UK. States on there that the first of these 11 loco's will arrive December 2022 and the last by May 2024 (which seems a big gap unless there is lots of conversion work to be done, and possibly taking into account the ongoing Class 69 project).

Not going to lie, I got excited when I read Class 77's :D

ExRes

Established Member
The Euro loco's have now been confirmed on WNXX, although they don't state details of which numbers they will become in the UK. States on there that the first of these 11 loco's will arrive December 2022 and the last by May 2024 (which seems a big gap unless there is lots of conversion work to be done, and possibly taking into account the ongoing Class 69 project).

Not going to lie, I got excited when I read Class 77's :D

Yes thanks @The_Train obviously environmental reasons are about to bring about the reopening of the Woodhead Line, I wonder if NR know :lol:

On Moderation
66306-316 are the U.K. numbers according to WNXX.

Time taken to ship them all over may also be dependent on when existing leasing contracts end. The locos are Akiem owned.

The_Train

Established Member
Reportedly arriving at Immingham tomorrow and then to Doncaster Roberts Rd by road
Any confirmation of this having happened - did try and search through the Immingham options on RTT but couldn't find anything to Roberts Road

Dood75

Just seen a pic suggesting it is here and at Roberts Rd (or the surroundings looked like Roberts Rd)

The_Train

Established Member
66026 has returned to the UK - currently at Dollands Moor pending transfer to Toton apparently

D365

Veteran Member
How many more EMDs can/will GBRf get their hands on?!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
How many more EMDs can/will GBRf get their hands on?!
Eleven? As per post #181 in this thread last month. A new thread has been started, probably due to the “77“ description.

The_Train

Established Member
Are there any pictures?
I've seen one but from it's from a subscription website so doesn't feel right for me to post it on here. I'm sure it will be posted on social media soon enough but it is just standard GB Blue & Yellow so nothing to get too excited about :D

ExRes

Established Member
77501, which is to become 66309, is reported as being due to arrive in the UK soon, probably on the 25th