• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finally a Good-Looking European Loco !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
It looks okay-ish, not really keen on the flat front though.

Teaboy1

Are you sure you posted the right web address??

It looks like a prototype of Krytons spare head 2....more function over form, nope sorry it dont move me!! :(

marku51

Does this mean you don't like the Class 70? I'm not too keen on the flat front either, but it does at least look like someone put some thought into the design. Coming from the states I find it odd that so many of the European locomotives look like boxes on wheels.

Darandio

Established Member
Region-specific for me.

If this was a UK class, I would probably have a biased opinion on the look of it but being mainland european, it's one of those that I dont care much for as long as if I was to be hauled behind it, it got me to where I wanted to go.

For that reason, it can look like my mother-in-law and I still won't take a second glance. :D

Bittern

Established Member
I think you need to look up "Good looking" in the dictionary, dude. A Class 70's much prettier than this disaster.

Vulcan

I think you need to look up "Good looking" in the dictionary, dude. A Class 70's much prettier than this disaster.

Are you kidding?? I've seen things left on the pavement that have are more aesthetically pleasing then a class 70! :D

As for the loco linked above, its alright but not a patch on a 60 or 92.

Established Member
I think that a Siemens "Taurus"
yn131w.jpg

is far better looking than the Vectron
12y4zw.jpg

Sorry but the designer was obviously blind. It's just plain ugly & not far off the laughing stock that's Class 70.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I have to agree with the majority here. They aren't all that; I particularly agree with Dai regarding the front end. On the other hand, this:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/hu/electric/1047/001/pix.html

(courtesy of starrymarkb) does look good.
A couple of those pics of the Taurus look a lot like the loco's in BR Blue livery!

The Vectron reminds me of a class 56, particularly the front end. There's a lot worse looking locos out there, e.g. Class 70!

daikilo

Established Member
Guys, what do you want?

Let's focus on what UK rail needs soon and later and then enrourage suppliers to offer competitive products for those needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.