• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class lounge open doors policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
Travelling up to Liverpool from Birmingham on a London Midland advance ticket this week, can anyone advise what's the policy on the Virgin lounges on letting me in? Would it be an open doors policy where they accept any First Class customer with a valid ticket by time and location? Failing that it looks like I'll have to stay in the Regus lounge until time to go!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
No chance in Brum, they only let Virgin ticket holders in. IIRC there is a sign stating this in the lounge entrance at New St

Established Member
God only knows with Virgin. Their website....

"To enter the First Class lounge, just show your valid Virgin Business, First Anytime or Advance First ticket. Naturally, you can only enjoy our lounges on the travel date shown on your ticket."

So what will they say on the day? I'd print that off to be honest. I've heard of other TOCs customers being frogmarched out in the past.

island

Veteran Member
I don't think you'll get very far, but at BHM you could always buy yourself an FDS to BHI...

Ascot

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up, I'll just use the Regus lounge at Birmingham (only takes 2 mins to walk straight into the back entrance) and I'll buy a Liverpool to Runcorn first class ticket for the return.

Daniel

Established Member
I've used the New St lounge with a First Day Single New St to International before. Was around £3.10 IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.