• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class on the Bakerloo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Established Member
My sister is currently on an apprenticeship with the NHS is London, near Lambeth North tube station. So, to get there, she gets Nat Rail to Tottenham then the Viccy to Oxford Circus for the Bakerloo SB.

She's just told me that while she was on the Bakerloo today with her boyfriend a BTP officer approached her and told them that they were in First Class.
She replied: "I didn't know there was first class on the underground..."

With that, he walked off, getting off the train at the following station.

Oh yeah, and her boyfriend works for TfL xD

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W14Fishbourne

The last First Class accommodation on the Underground (which was, by that time, only on through trains to Aylesbury and Watford) was abolished on 6 October 1941.

Mintona

Established Member
My sister is currently on an apprenticeship with the NHS is London, near Lambeth North tube station. So, to get there, she gets Nat Rail to Tottenham then the Viccy to Oxford Circus for the Bakerloo SB.

She's just told me that while she was on the Bakerloo today with her boyfriend a BTP officer approached her and told them that they were in First Class.
She replied: "I didn't know there was first class on the underground..."

With that, he walked off, getting off the train at the following station.

Oh yeah, and her boyfriend works for TfL xD

:(

Your sister has a boyfriend :(

;)

T

Tom

Yeah, I'm sure we can sort him out with you though Alistair.... ;)

Daniel

Established Member
*slaps Tom*

There we go. £50 please. Buy now pay later, with 100% interest (a millisecond) :D

NSEFAN

Established Member
Always try to get the ex-1st class bits of the Chiltern trains.

They may have been downgraded to standard, but I find the seats are slightly better ;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Since the 165 refurb was completed, there are now no "ex-1st class" parts on Chiltern Railways' trains. You can tell where first class used to be because it is the end where there are only 2 full windows between the door and the cab, whereas standard always had two and a third (or was it a half?) windows.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I think he means the Clubmans

There was never first class on the Clubmans either, they were built as all standard.

class 313

Established Member
Since the 165 refurb was completed, there are now no "ex-1st class" parts on Chiltern Railways' trains. You can tell where first class used to be because it is the end where there are only 2 full windows between the door and the cab, whereas standard always had two and a third (or was it a half?) windows.

I think he means the Clubmans

Craig

Established Member
The turbo's "ex first-class" space do sometimes appear to have different seats which, in some opinions, are more comfortable. Not former first class seats but a variation on the rest of the train.

The clubmans were built as standard tho so all seats are the same.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There are indeed two types of seats in the Turbos, but they aren't a total variation, as you can see them IIRC in the section at both ends, and also to the middle of the train by the loo.

Craig

Established Member
So basically, I was right? I said they were just a variation and that the ex-first class areas have them. I don't care if you've been noting seat types next to the toilets.

Status
Not open for further replies.