• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scotland East (Midland Bluebird and West Lothian operations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord8899

I’ve let people on before when I’ve been behind another bus, only to then get abuse from people when I do pull up to the flag because ‘I’ve been waiting longer than those people you just let on back there’. A bit of common sense is required, however drivers are reluctant to do it because of fear of complaints.
When I'm waiting (at the stop) for a bus behind the one currently loading, and the driver let's random people on the bus it does make me angry.

Sadly the whole bus stop etiquette of queuing in an orderly fashion has gone right out the window these days - some stops are worse than a rugby scrum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stevenedin

When I'm waiting (at the stop) for a bus behind the one currently loading, and the driver let's random people on the bus it does make me angry.

Sadly the whole bus stop etiquette of queuing in an orderly fashion has gone right out the window these days - some stops are worse than a rugby scrum.
I gave up on queuing years ago due to missing a bus one time down to waiting behind people. I will wait behind people that want to get on first but if it looks like no one is moving I won’t bother waiting and just board the bus.

Darklord8899

I gave up on queuing years ago due to missing a bus one time down to waiting behind people. I will wait behind people that want to get on first but if it looks like no one is moving I won’t bother waiting and just board the bus.

Aye, I do the same

Here is a prime reason why buses aren’t appearing on the tracker; journeys aren’t automatically loaded to the machine today so instead you have to enter them manually which isn’t allowing the GPS to work.

(Attached is an image of a ticket machine screen)

Attachments

• 66074D0F-FF88-467D-8403-5ED2010425FB.jpeg
    66074D0F-FF88-467D-8403-5ED2010425FB.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 106

Bus Lightyear

Here is a prime reason why buses aren’t appearing on the tracker; journeys aren’t automatically loaded to the machine today so instead you have to enter them manually which isn’t allowing the GPS to work.

I don't know how First work but you've possibly made yourself liable to disciplinary proceedings after slating your employers and posting this image.

CraigLockhart

I don't know how First work but you've possibly made yourself liable to disciplinary proceedings after slating your employers and posting this image.
I think he said he was an agency driver before so I don't suppose that threat concerns him. I suppose he could just drive for someone else

Incorrect.

I think he said he was an agency driver before so I don't suppose that threat concerns him. I suppose he could just drove for someone else
Absolutely Correct.

Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Let's not be discussing Lothian Buses in a First thread. Stay on topic, please.

CN04NRJ

Established Member

When I used Ticketer at Cardiff Bus and had to enter an "ad hoc" (their terminology) trip like that (e.g if i'd accidentally ended the "planned" trip on ticketer) the bus would still track without a problem. Can't see why First couldn't fix this easily if they wanted to?

PaulMc7

Established Member
I can imagine it wasn't much fun for people relying on the 21 today, going by the cancellations list. 6 hours between them from Bathgate earlier today due to 12:21-16:21 all being cancelled.

New timetable for the 51/52 from the middle of next month. As expected it's a cut as the 51 will now be every 30 mins between Cowie and Alloa and every 30 mins between Alloa and Clackmannan.

I won't be surprised if more changes come at some point.

Last edited:

LiviCrazy

Noticing much less cancellations in West Lothian now. Only really seen a list of cancellations on Sundays. Hopefully the current timetable is working. Buses have seemed a wee bit busier recently too.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Noticing much less cancellations in West Lothian now. Only really seen a list of cancellations on Sundays. Hopefully the current timetable is working. Buses have seemed a wee bit busier recently too.
That's really good to hear. Even just a couple of weeks ago the 21 was still getting regular cancellations and with it being hourly I'd have imagined how bad that would be to rely on. Whenever I've seen services missing being mentioned on Twitter by passengers it seems to be mainly the 26.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I wonder what FSE’s long term plan will be as diesel is eventually phased out. The Linlithgow bridge is very low which doesn’t open much scope for electric or hydrogen powered buses. I wonder how they’ll combat that.

JurassicMan

r they’ll just do a “First” and get it wrong.
You still there with the agency? :)

I wonder what FSE’s long term plan will be as diesel is eventually phased out. The Linlithgow bridge is very low which doesn’t open much scope for electric or hydrogen powered buses. I wonder how they’ll combat that.
I would imagine up through Springfield is only alternative route.

Or is it just not being posted on the Twitter feed?
It would seem reading some of the tweets there are still issues although obviously not on the scale of previous months.

LiviCrazy

It would seem reading some of the tweets there are still issues although obviously not on the scale of previous months.
They’d been reporting it through the website recently, up until a few weeks ago, and still on Sundays there has been a big list in the whole FSE area, last two weeks or so, there’s been none. I think there’s been a few breakdowns (my X22 last week didn’t turn up, but an out of service bus turned into an X22 at Mid Calder just as we passed on the X28). Seems to be a lot more actually tracking on the app too.

You still there with the agency? :)

I would imagine up through Springfield is only alternative route.

God No.

The FSE fleet is a dilapidated mess, the depots aren’t much better and not to mention where I am now I’m on less pay but ultimately happier.

overthewater

Established Member
The clean up continues:
  • PM00000923/337 Cancelled​

FIRST SCOTLAND EAST LTD
    Route: Appleton Parkway Roundabout or Inveralmond Community High School or Livingston, St John's Hospital to Livingston South Station via Burnbank, Criagshill, Livingston the Centre, Dedridge, Livingston the Centre, Craigshill
    Service number: 27
    Service type: Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 01 Sep 2022
Mod note: Please edit to add the link to your source. Thanks

mb88

No sign of them returning to Craigshill any time soon then. Find that very odd as there’s more punters to be had from Craigshill than Howden.

PaulMc7

Established Member
PM0000923/339 Registered
FIRST SCOTLAND EAST LTD

Route: Livingston The Centre to Edinburgh, Regent Road via Uphall, Craigshill, ;Livingston the Centre, Mid Calder, East Clader, Hermiston, Sighthill, Haymarket

Service number: X22 (X23)

Service type: Limited Stop

This was also appearing on VOSA today.

stevenedin

PM0000923/339 Registered
FIRST SCOTLAND EAST LTD

Route: Livingston The Centre to Edinburgh, Regent Road via Uphall, Craigshill, ;Livingston the Centre, Mid Calder, East Clader, Hermiston, Sighthill, Haymarket

Service number: X22 (X23)

Service type: Limited Stop

This was also appearing on VOSA today.

So I take it that means the X23 or is the X22 cancelled as well?

PaulMc7

Established Member

I've found it quite interesting seeing things change so dramatically in West Lothian especially as it's not an area I know that well. These changes don't feel that long ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.