• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Lizard1324

Yes except the odd one that’s in poor condition.
So do you know are the older geminis with old first seats going purple.
If so would be nice to maybe do some of the seats in the lizard decker some with cloth seats are a bit warn but the ones with leather are nearly good as new

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lizard1324

Anyone know what bus is in the paint shop at the moment, is it going kernow green or is there one more cornwall college colour left

Some of the newest have moquette. Are there any without e leather that don’t look tired???
Thats true, age isn't really the reason. It depends what part of the country they came from and whether they had a refresh in the last few years, I know the ex Glasgow gemini in the first new colour scheme arnt too bad but they could all do with a refresh

Lizard1324

10th and last Gemini into Cornwall College livery would have been 686 I think.
2 more BoS E200s from the First livery batch
Thanks for that, 20361 is the coach due for the new purple interior if I'm not mistaken and does kernow have the ability to use all 3 of the paint shops and out put 4 buses a week with somersets also getting painted.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Anyone know what bus is in the paint shop at the moment, is it going kernow green or is there one more cornwall college colour left

Thats true, age isn't really the reason. It depends what part of the country they came from and whether they had a refresh in the last few years, I know the ex Glasgow gemini in the first new colour scheme arnt too bad but they could all do with a refresh
Marc Huws tweeted the other day that buses are due to receive the purple and black version of the current moquette.

83G/84D

Established Member
10th and last Gemini into Cornwall College livery would have been 686 I think.
2 more BoS E200s from the First livery batch

32686 is in Camborne today in unmarked green and white college colours.
32622 seen later today and appears to be in "allover" green although it was only partially visible.

Last edited:

Lizard1324

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
Thanks, one of the Gemini’s is still to receive the finishing touches to its repaint, cannot recall the number but it is green and blue. Guess that could be the incomplete partner livery.

Lizard1324

Thanks, one of the Gemini’s is still to receive the finishing touches to its repaint, cannot recall the number but it is green and blue. Guess that could be the incomplete partner livery.
The one your referring to is 32688 - WX56HKD which will get air cadets vinyls, not sure if Marc was talking about this one or maybe a new ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Badger

First Kernow now appear to be intending to operate the A17 Sunday evening service between Penzance and St Ives through the winter, contrary to the published timetable book which had the service ending last weekend.

Not sure if this is off their own back or contracted to the County Council

Busaholic

Veteran Member
First Kernow now appear to be intending to operate the A17 Sunday evening service between Penzance and St Ives through the winter, contrary to the published timetable book which had the service ending last weekend.

Quite right too! A friend of mine is a Methodist lay preacher dependent on public transport and is a regular user of the Sunday evening service, which he says can be surprisingly well used out of St Ives by locals. The train is not a realistic alternative, except possibly in the early evening.

Goldfish62

Established Member

Also the M6 retains its Sunday evening service.

Cornwall Council had always intended that winter Sunday evening services be restored on some routes and the initial registrations by TfC indicated this.

My educated guess is that CC has entered a de minimis agreement with FK to continue these services through the winter. This would undoubtedly be cheaper than TfC having to open Penzance depot specially on Sundays just to operate these two evening services.

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The one your referring to is 32688 - WX56HKD which will get air cadets vinyls, not sure if Marc was talking about this one or maybe a new ones

One little bit of trivia on 32688.... It has never worn standard fleet livery.

It was new to Bath depot, wearing Park and Ride white, green and blue (council colours) from 2006 to 2012 when it was replaced by new e400Hs. It had a short spell in those colours but without fleetnames at Weston before it moved to Bristol in 2013 and gained the blue and gold livery for the Severn Express. Replaced at the end of 2016 by new e400mmc, it then worked on Bristol city and country routes still in blue/gold until 2019 when it went to Wells, where the livery was broadly similar to the Mendip Explorer and so it just gained ME fleetnames.

Now it's repainted but avoiding the green Kernow livery and wearing a partner livery instead.

On the Buses

Also the M6 retains its Sunday evening service.

Cornwall Council had always intended that winter Sunday evening services be restored on some routes and the initial registrations by TfC indicated this.

My educated guess is that CC has entered a de minimis agreement with FK to continue these services through the winter. This would undoubtedly be cheaper than TfC having to open Penzance depot specially on Sundays just to operate these two evening services.

Wrong! They’re commercial registrations.