• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
The Falmouth park and Ride site has been cleared of boats and yachts and looks ready to be used. Does anyone know if any bus services will operate from there this summer as I understand First are not providing a service?

Accelerator59

The Falmouth park and Ride site has been cleared of boats and yachts and looks ready to be used. Does anyone know if any bus services will operate from there this summer as I understand First are not providing a service?
Was there a reply a while ago saying two Streetlites maybe replacing the two Scanias for the Falmouth Park ‘n’ Ride or did I imagine that?

Goldfish62

Established Member
Was there a reply a while ago saying two Streetlites maybe replacing the two Scanias for the Falmouth Park ‘n’ Ride or did I imagine that?
The service registration was cancelled earlier this year, so if Streetlites were due they're most probably not now.

83G/84D

Established Member
A rumour went around to this effect but it never happened and the service was cancelled. There were also rumours of the service being run by another operator but everything has gone quiet since.

Goldfish62

Established Member
32762 has a blown engine so that's the end of the road for the last Kernow Trident.

The Mousehole Sprinters are about to leave the factory in Turkey and are due in the UK later in June. The livery is the same ice cream van look as the open back Solo.

fgwrich

Established Member
A bit of an odd one, but I've just come across a few photos of Lizard branded Solo 53256 / WK68 BTX Parked up in the former HMS Daedalus site, Lee on Solent. A quick look at bus times suggests it hasn't tracked since January, so in short - Any ideas? It was suggested it was due to transfer to Hoeford, but surely it would have gone straight there?

richw

Veteran Member
A bit of an odd one, but I've just come across a few photos of Lizard branded Solo 53256 / WK68 BTX Parked up in the former HMS Daedalus site, Lee on Solent. A quick look at bus times suggests it hasn't tracked since January, so in short - Any ideas? It was suggested it was due to transfer to Hoeford, but surely it would have gone straight there?

crash repair. It had a significant crash on 20th January, and has been at Qualiti bus works in Botley for repairs

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
There's a First Hampshire & Dorset here:

It's currently locked but if you report it I'm sure admins will unlock it.
That link goes to an 'Oops' page, but the most recent Hampshire and Dorset thread is here:

Goldfish62

Established Member

Goldfish62

Established Member
There seems to be quite a shortage of Exmoor Coaster open top vehicles, is there a maintenance issue affecting multiple?
Cornwall has had significant engineering problems for months (shortage of engineers and clapped out fleet). Presumably the same issues at Somerset.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
There seems to be quite a shortage of Exmoor Coaster open top vehicles, is there a maintenance issue affecting multiple?
Is there? With the usual caveats on BusTimes, there's been two journeys in two weeks operated by the Streetlite WF. The Geminis, and the e400s plus one Scania look to have been regular workers. 36081 is a long term VOR

Goldfish62

Established Member
Is there? With the usual caveats on BusTimes, there's been two journeys in two weeks operated by the Streetlite WF. The Geminis, and the e400s plus one Scania look to have been regular workers. 36081 is a long term VOR
There's a Streetlite out there this morning (Bustimes caveat).

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
There's a Streetlite out there this morning (Bustimes caveat).
Yes - that's one of the two I noted.

However, is that "quite the shortage" - two journeys in two weeks? Note: the post was before today's workings so it was actually one journey in two weeks. EDIT: just checking and that's the only ones in May. There's been a few times when a Truronian coach has appeared in BusTimes but then not actually tracked (duplicate readied but not used?)

Last edited:

buscoaster

They do seem to be very short on open tops in Cornwall too - there often seems to be a closed top on Lands End, and the Tin Coaster never seem to have the open tops allocated to it that it should. They have a good number of open tops in Cornwall now with considerable spare, so not sure why its all so shoddy at present?

GBM

They do seem to be very short on open tops in Cornwall too - there often seems to be a closed top on Lands End, and the Tin Coaster never seem to have the open tops allocated to it that it should. They have a good number of open tops in Cornwall now with considerable spare, so not sure why its all so shoddy at present?
Various servicing routines maybe. Shortage of engineering personnel doesn't help.

Goldfish62

Established Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230602_120009_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230602_120009_LinkedIn.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 87

Andyh82

Established Member
The fleet list on BusTimes reckons that all the blue Enviro 400MMCs are in “coast to coast” livery, but how many are in reality?

Goldfish62

Established Member
The fleet list on BusTimes reckons that all the blue Enviro 400MMCs are in “coast to coast” livery, but how many are in reality?
Two I think. The livery part of Bustimes really can't be relied on these days. All the unbranded buses running around are branded according Bustimes.org.

K219UHA

Noted one of the Yellow open tops gained Sunseeker late last week. I think it was 37747 SF09 LDZ as saw LDE still running around unbranded but don't think it was LDD. I saw it passing St Erth with a engineer driving it (Friday), presumably Camborne bound from Penzance, or some kind of test run. Didn't see clearly the ID apart from a side glance as one as on the Land's End Coaster at the time.

richw

Veteran Member
Noted one of the Yellow open tops gained Sunseeker late last week. I think it was 37747 SF09 LDZ as saw LDE still running around unbranded but don't think it was LDD. I saw it passing St Erth with an engineer driving it (Friday), presumably Camborne bound from Penzance, or some kind of test run. Didn't see clearly the ID apart from a side glance as one as on the Land's End Coaster at the time.
I can confirm it’s LDZ. Photo sent to me on private message, so sorry not mine to reshare