• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
32015 still carries it private plate but is parked up in bodmin. Bodmin has no decker workings until the colleges return so presumably just parked there spare at present.
5 x coaches and a lizard Optare working out of Bodmin this week.

The loan Volvo B7TL‘s are still around although they rarely work regular services. Guess they will be on school/ College work soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

richw

Veteran Member
Confirmed 20808 is wearing 260ERY, just past it in St Austell

The loan Volvo B7TL‘s are still around although they rarely work regular services. Guess they will be on school/ College work soon.
Only one of them is fitted with equipment for service work, the rest are restricted to schools.

Blackpudding

Noticed on a fellow enthusiasts Twitter feed ALX400 Trident 33377 is now carrying its original registration plate of LK53 EYW having previously carried XFF 283. Further investigation on the Government’s check MOT status site showed 33377-33382 were all registered back to their original LK53 plates on 24th February.

Thanks to both of you.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
That's excellent news. Truro and Penwith is such a large contract and probably rather critical to the business.
Certainly a very important bit of news.

How many vehicles is Callywith College? Given the win of the Bicton College work and the creation of outbases, FK has demonstrated that it is certainly in their wheelhouse

Lizard1324

Deleted.

They have been a regular at helston outstand.
2/3 of them do the mullion routes every morning even through the pandemic with just 5 people on them.

83G/84D

Established Member

Only one of them is fitted with equipment for service work, the rest are restricted to schools.

They have been a regular at helston outstand.
2/3 of them do the mullion routes every morning even through the pandemic with just 5 people on them.

Thanks chaps. I saw 32127 heading through Beacon showing a Helston contract number about 2-15pm this afternoon, followed by a Lizard branded Trident.
I also saw 32525 in it's new colours today during it's brief spell in service.

richw

Veteran Member
Marc Morgan Huws has this evening tweeted a photo of the latest addition to the fleet. A Scania Levante.
Screen shot attached of his tweet showing a photo.

Attachments

• D69FCF44-1239-4611-9E57-7DECAB79B910.png
    D69FCF44-1239-4611-9E57-7DECAB79B910.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 112

cnjb8

Established Member
Marc Morgan Huws has this evening tweeted a photo of the latest addition to the fleet. A Scania Levante.
Screen shot attached of his tweet showing a photo.
I think the reg is BK15AHG. It's hard to see past the tape, although I know that is the reason the tape is there :lol:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I think the reg is BK15AHG. It's hard to see past the tape, although I know that is the reason the tape is there :lol:
No trace under that plate on Flickr but it might be BK15AKG (credit to photographer) new to Whippet

fgwrich

Established Member
No trace under that plate on Flickr but it might be BK15AKG (credit to photographer) new to Whippet

Yep, that's the one. I have to say I'm not that much of a fan of the Levante - Purely because they're absolutely everywhere, but this one does look rather smart in the Truronian / FK Green.

Lizard1324

Marc Morgan Huws has also tweeted a picture of the front of the new hop on and off bus livery

It looks like the livery is based on the plaxton president body, wonder if they will use president for the route.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-140207_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-140207_Twitter.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited by a moderator:

cnjb8

Established Member

Yep, that's the one. I have to say I'm not that much of a fan of the Levante - Purely because they're absolutely everywhere, but this one does look rather smart in the Truronian / FK Green.
Yes thats right, just had a look and realised there is no BK15AHG in existence!

Lizard1324

Looking at the livery would this be for the open top from Minehead, we will have to wait and see
I thought so but this image has been show showing the new Minehead open top route.

Marc also said they will be using Ex lothian scanias like the one shown in the image which will be interesting.

There is also been a image of a plaxton president in a lizard livery which is interesting. Unsure if this is a closed or open top.
Anyone know will the new lizards run on the L1 or a new lizard route?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-202006_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-202006_Twitter.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20210305-202325_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-202325_Twitter.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I thought so but this image has been show showing the new Minehead open top route.

Marc also said they will be using scanias like the one shown in the image which will be interesting.
I wouldn't be fancying some elderly Tridents on the Exmoor route. Some (ex London?) Scanias would make a lot of sense, being newer and a bit more grunt.

Lizard1324

I wouldn't be fancying some elderly Tridents on the Exmoor route. Some (ex London?) Scanias would make a lot of sense, being newer and a bit more grunt.
It looks like they will be getting Ex lothian scanias for this route so 07 or 08 reg buses which should be good on the hills.

cnjb8

Established Member
It looks like they will be getting Ex lothian scanias for this route so 07 or 08 reg buses which should be good on the hills.
They'll be SN57 DBY and DCE then. They are open top vehicles and were owned by East Coast Buses, which is owned by Lothian.

RELL6L

Quantock ran a Scania on the old 300 and I have to say I felt much more confidence it was going to make it up the steep hills than I would have done on an elderly Trident.

I am intrigued by the image suggesting an hourly service- that is much more than ever before. I don’t recall more than 4 round trips before, if that. It seems ‘courageous’, hope it works!

MarkC

Quantock ran a Scania on the old 300 and I have to say I felt much more confidence it was going to make it up the steep hills than I would have done on an elderly Trident.

I am intrigued by the image suggesting an hourly service- that is much more than ever before. I don’t recall more than 4 round trips before, if that. It seems ‘courageous’, hope it works!
I am not sure the hourly service picture is for this route? Something else perhaps?

richw

Veteran Member
Is cornwall getting 32352/3 by any chance because they are on cornwall fleet list on bustimes
Bus times should be taking with a pinch of salt unless you see something has recorded operating a FSW route. Unfortunately what could be a good site has been ruined by users changing things inaccurately. An operator might take 2-3 of a batch and users seem to change the entire batch for example.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Is cornwall getting 32352/3 by any chance because they are on cornwall fleet list on bustimes

Bus times should be taking with a pinch of salt unless you see something has recorded operating a FSW route. Unfortunately what could be a good site has been ruined by users changing things inaccurately. An operator might take 2-3 of a batch and users seem to change the entire batch for example.

@On the Buses stated that they were due no cascades of that age (unless plans have changed) and that the two short wheelbase ones already received are for a specific requirement.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Marc Morgan Huws has also tweeted a picture of the front of the new hop on and off bus livery

It looks like the livery is based on the plaxton president body, wonder if they will use president for the route.
To hazard a guess, something not in Cornwall. Another branded Somerset route maybe?

They'll be SN57 DBY and DCE then. They are open top vehicles and were owned by East Coast Buses, which is owned by Lothian.
Marc Morgan Huws has retweeted a photo of SN57DBY.

Last edited:

Lizard1324

With the release of the image of a lizard branded president, which I'm assuming is opentop as Marc said all closed top president will be leaving the fleet.

Has anyone seen and new route registered around the lizard peninsula as that where it would operate. Or can they just make the L1 open top from helston to the lizard?

Last edited: