• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iantherev

Bustimes seems to have developed a quirk where if a vehicle doesn't track for over a week it's allocation vanishes implying it is withdrawn. Ironically while it does this with my local Stagecoach operator it still shows a vehicle with another operator which worked last week but was then withdrawn and went for scrap a few days ago! Treat allocations with caution. Local knowledge is often better to go by.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Are 32277 and 33112 casualties now? According to the tracker not used since 7th and 18th July.

On the Buses

Are 32277 and 33112 casualties now? According to the tracker not used since 7th and 18th July.
I thought we’d done the B7TL Alexander one to death here. 21 have gone. Just the 9 BASE and 4 red fronted Bristol ones left.
33112 is indeed dead.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
As this is one of the busier threads, it does move quite quickly. If you have a question, please consider going back a few pages to see if the same question has been asked previously.

We also have the search facility which can be used to search for keywords across the whole forum, within the Buses and Coaches section, or within a specific thread. Doing a little bit of your own research reduces duplicate information being posted and relieves the exasperation that others feel when the same thing is asked over and over again!

1628275158328.png

33036 in full Lizard colours (pictured above). I’m surprised they’re entering service shortly!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
View attachment 10082933036 in full Lizard colours. I’m surprised they’re entering service shortly!
It's a stunning livery. When do the Lizard open top services run until? I'm guessing there's a good few weeks left of the season.

ps one for @On the Buses - when does the Exmoor Coaster run until? Can't see on website or brochure??? Probably me!

Why are you?????
Because I thought you were struggling to find parts for them unless you’ve found some now.

It's a stunning livery. When do the Lizard open top services run until? I'm guessing there's a good few weeks left of the season.

ps one for @On the Buses - when does the Exmoor Coaster run until? Can't see on website or brochure??? Probably me!
I agree it’s a stunner! Hopefully I can get a few rides on these next month when I stay down at the Lizard.

On the Buses

Sept 6 is winter on Lizard but still running so weekends with good weather can be open top. Exmoor will have a winter timetable that can be open top in good weather.

Because I thought you were struggling to find parts for them unless you’ve found some now.

I agree it’s a stunner! Hopefully I can get a few rides on these next month when I stay down at the Lizard.
Just Taking longer

Sept 6 is winter on Lizard but still running so weekends with good weather can be open top. Exmoor will have a winter timetable that can be open top in good weather.
Will the Atlantic Coaster have a winter timetable as well? Will Falmouth run all year round too?

33036 made it’s debut today on the L1 from what I’ve seen but it’s now stopped tracking so I assume something went wrong with it.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
53503 is on the M6 today according to the tracker. It only has limited seating and is normally used for the car park transfer at St Erth.
It certainly was - of the five different M6 journeys I saw today, 53503 performed three of them. I only witnessed it in Market Jew Street and there were no capacity issues there, thankfully. I don't recollect seeing it on the M6 before, at least not in that livery.

An observation that is neither praise nor criticism. A certain number of both 18s and 19s are changing their blinds to 17 and destination to St Ives prior to Penzance Greenmarket eastbound: it's probably down to individual driver preference, and at present it's definitely a minority of journeys. I did note a lady hailing the bus at the stop opposite Poundland and boarding it, the first time I've seen that for a while.

teggers419

It certainly was - of the five different M6 journeys I saw today, 53503 performed three of them. I only witnessed it in Market Jew Street and there were no capacity issues there, thankfully. I don't recollect seeing it on the M6 before, at least not in that livery.

An observation that is neither praise nor criticism. A certain number of both 18s and 19s are changing their blinds to 17 and destination to St Ives prior to Penzance Greenmarket eastbound: it's probably down to individual driver preference, and at present it's definitely a minority of journeys. I did note a lady hailing the bus at the stop opposite Poundland and boarding it, the first time I've seen that for a while.
Thanks for confirming what appears to be a very rare working. Whilst isolated on the car park contract obviously didn't have a machine and definitely the first revenue earning working it's done this year!

Goldfish62

Established Member
Thanks for confirming what appears to be a very rare working. Whilst isolated on the car park contract obviously didn't have a machine and definitely the first revenue earning working it's done this year!
I can only assume they're very short of serviceable small Solos. Three of a total of eight are required for the M6, but at least three of these have been AWOL for quite some time and it's unusual for more than one of the buses on the M6 to be pink. It does give the impression that at least some of them are on their last legs.

The S routes in Newquay are now running again but the DayTrippers still aren’t tracking it seems. Don’t know if that’s running again or not.

Goldfish62

Established Member
The S routes in Newquay are now running again but the DayTrippers still aren’t tracking it seems. Don’t know if that’s running again or not.
I can't believe none of the buses would be tracking if they were running and the Adventures by Bus website still says "coming soon".