• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Contractors are in tomorrow to install the handbrake warning system and then it will move to Minehead.
I’m glad Exmoor is proving to be so popular; I did this a few weeks back and my goodness the views across Exmoor and the coast are phenomenal!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callum15632

Does anyone know why some of the Bristol buses are heading towards Cornwall? If so how many buses are due to go to Cornwall?

Callum15632

There seems to be a lot of Bristol Unibus Enviro 400 MMCs at Cornwall for the Boardmasters. There is also the odd Scania N250UD Enviro 400 MMC, B9TLs and one B9TL that is route branded for Citylines 75|76 in Bristol as well.

richw

Veteran Member
Couple of photos of aforementioned Bristol vehicles seen parked near Newquay earlier this afternoon.

Attachments

• 73F976F1-F4C5-46CF-8EC1-4725D9D159C6.jpeg
    73F976F1-F4C5-46CF-8EC1-4725D9D159C6.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 79
  • 3348A0A4-8711-4EB4-8EFB-469073B21641.jpeg
    3348A0A4-8711-4EB4-8EFB-469073B21641.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
Is 36100 going to enter service soon? :)
This is going to be the spare open top for Exmoor soon as it’s so popular and I can see why! Would like to see how it will tackle Porlock Hill especially.

32277 is simply vor waiting for a fuel pump. As I’ve said numerous times, they are staying probably until 2022 when cascades arrive. They are not returning to WoE. They will be sold.
Will those cascades include BoS as well? I know there’s been a plan for a while to replace all the Tridents there too.

Last edited:

Kernowman

May I ask if anybody out there knows the whereabouts of First Kernow 33311? It doesn't appear to be on the Somerset Passenger Services (SPS) fleet list any longer, and nor is it shown to be in use on the First Kernow fleet list. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

vla50

This is going to be the spare open top for Exmoor soon as it’s so popular and I can see why! Would like to see it will tackle Porlock Hill especially.

Will those cascades include BoS as well? I know there’s been a plan for a while to replace all the Tridents there too.
I assume so, I wonder what will replace all the Tridents but too early to tell.
Regarding Exmoor, I know that it will be an addition and a great one at that.

I assume so, I wonder what will replace all the Tridents but too early to tell
Regarding Exmoor, I know that it will be an addition and a great one at that
Oh yes, the Scanias make very light work of Porlock Hill although so far I’ve only been on 36081. I would like to give 36082 a chance as well eventually and try to hunt down a ride on 36100 too at some point! Hopefully with 36100 as the spare, it will almost be guaranteed to be an open top in the near future if one of 36081/2 are broken as right now they’re having to use single deckers as cover.

On the Buses

This is going to be the spare open top for Exmoor soon as it’s so popular and I can see why! Would like to see how it will tackle Porlock Hill especially.

Yes

Yarp1

Apparently up to 10 E400MMC could be coming back this week from Somerset Passenger Solutions (SPS) to Cornwall.

vla50

Aparently upto 10 e400 mmc could be coming back this week from sps to Cornwall
That will really be great IMO, I've used them before on the Tinner and they seem to be very popular with commuters.

Baz01

Is there no way First can't consider some services in Plymouth please? Maybe in some partnership approach with LTA. The services here from Stagecoach are becoming a joke . They don't seem to be able to keep drivers like First did. First must be a better employer I suppose!

cnjb8

Established Member
May I ask if anybody out there knows the whereabouts of First Kernow 33311? It doesn't appear to be on the Somerset Passenger Services (SPS) fleet list any longer, and nor is it shown to be in use on the First Kernow fleet list. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
I had heard it left the fleet because it had an engine fault

Kernowman

It is FK 33311 WK18CGO that appears to have gone missing, the one i'm interested in. Thanks for info so far but I don't think it's gone for scrap.

On the Buses

It is FK 33311 WK18CGO that appears to have gone missing, the one i'm interested in. Thanks for info so far but I don't think it's gone for scrap.
It hasn’t gone missing. 12 have been defleeted awaiting collection to return them to Cornwall.

richw

Veteran Member
Is there no way First can't consider some services in Plymouth please? Maybe in some partnership approach with LTA. The services here from Stagecoach are becoming a joke . They don't seem to be able to keep drivers like First did. First must be a better employer I suppose!
I suspect stagecoach paying such a low hourly rate in Plymouth contributes to their staff retention difficulties at the moment when every single operator is recruiting.
They are paying £10 an hour, in recent job ads the following rates are available:
Plymouth citybus £12.25 after the first year (for Plymouth based drivers),
TfC £11,
First £11.05
Parks £10.50 for Natex,
Roselyn £9.
Oakleys £10
Turners are advertising £10.50 for intercity drivers so presumably Flixbus heading this way.

Our pre-use checks are now on Ticketer. But to use it requires logging into a running board. The top running board on the Ticketer list is a D5 running board so it seems to be the running board of choice when there isn’t a programmed running board for vehicle transfers between depots etc.

There are no day trippers running today.
I imagine it’ll be the same for the MMCs when they return from SPS (Somerset Passenger Solutions) shortly.

Nammer

Good to see a bit of First 'cross-promotion' here in Portsmouth. I have just seen a Star Enviro with a poster on the rear advertising the Lands End Coaster.

36100 has now replaced 65759 for the 15:00 Exmoor Coaster from to Minehead to Lynmouth. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me its registration number. Many thanks.

Busgeek

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811_155410_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811_155410_com.android.chrome.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 86