• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

The exile

Established Member
Its a bit of a ballache TBH - remember the old 581 did it. To Filton is ok as you come along, left and up the road to the car park, round and back out. From Filton, you can’t turn right so you have to go down to the roundabout by Asda and then back up.

Besides, I'm not certain why you’d do it? It would be be better to improve links and facilities at Parkway.
As long as all the stoppers that currently terminate at Filton AW are reinstated to Parkway

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whiteway215

Established Member
I was passing Wells Depot this evening and with permission had a look at 32009.
The windscreen is badly cracked and the whole bus looks very poorly.
I'm not sure how much longer it will be parked there in the corner.
(This one was acting as a canteen)

Last edited by a moderator:

Private Baxter

Established Member
Star attraction for next weekend perhaps ;)

Whiteway215

Established Member
Star attraction for next weekend perhaps ;)
Yes I was wondering if it would still be around for the open day!

Only surmising but on the First South West thread, On the Buses indicated that Wigleys were due to collect scrap from Wells at the same time as they delivered on tow one of the Aberdeen E500s for First Kernow.

aquae39

The newest Bath Unibus branding out now! (Image shows 33947, YX66WEW)
20210920_093740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Thanks for sharing. I genuinely didn't know it had been operating from the same site for 100 years, so I've learnt something! Looks like a good event anyway. Wish I could go!
I'm away for it but I tend not to go to those sort of events anyway.

It may be from the same site but it's a Triggers Broom depot having been redeveloped heavily in the late 70s/early 80s
It is visible from the road (where I spied it just over a week ago) so assume they will look to get rid of it this week. Not a great advert.

Private Baxter

Established Member
I'm away for it but I tend not to go to those sort of events anyway.

It may be from the same site but it's a Triggers Broom depot having been redeveloped heavily in the late 70s/early 80s
I don't think I've ever been to one either, but this one kind of stood out, and had I been available I would likely have made an exception for it.

Indeed sometime in the mid to late 80s the site was partially redeveloped and the bus station building was sold off, though the depot remained. However this is just outside of my memory, so I only remember the Princes Road site.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I don't think I've ever been to one either, but this one kind of stood out, and had I been available I would likely have made an exception for it.

Indeed sometime in the mid to late 80s the site was partially redeveloped and the bus station building was sold off, though the depot remained. However this is just outside of my memory, so I only remember the Princes Road site.
Not the original depot building as this shot shows (credit to Guy Lowlander)

Whiteway215

Established Member
According to the First South West thread there is a large number of buses heading down there from Hengrove.
What is coming in to replace them?

Meanwhile 32292 and the 323xx ‘s carry on regardless at Hengrove.

Does anyone know if 32009 has been removed from Wells?

carlberry

Established Member
According to the First South West thread there is a large number of buses heading down there from Hengrove.
What is coming in to replace them?

Meanwhile 32292 and the 323xx ‘s carry on regardless at Hengrove.

Does anyone know if 32009 has been removed from Wells?
I believe a few buses are being swapped with First South West, some 371xxs going down and 33420-22 coming back.
32009 has been replaced by an Enviro 500 today.

Callum15632

Perhaps it would be withdrawn
No on a Facebook group some Hengrove driver posted a picture of it on the defect card because it is VOR it said Details of defect: Transfer.

Does anyone know if 33420-22 are going to be allocated to Hengrove Depot? If so, what routes are they going to be used on? I think they might go on the 75 and 76.

Last edited:

carlberry

Established Member
No on a Facebook group some Hengrove driver posted a picture of it on the defect card because it is VOR it said Details of defect: Transfer.

Does anyone know if 33420-22 are going to be allocated to Hengrove Depot? If so, what routes are they going to be used on? I think they might go on the 75 and 76.
32292 is 18 years old, I don't know how many First depots would want that! Anything at Hengrove (that's not liveried for something) is going to end up on the 75/76.

vla50

Could also mean being transferred to somewhere like Ensignbus

Callum15632

36825-36829 are now back at Hengrove Depot after being at SPS.

Is 47559 the bus allocated to the Sunday only first operated 12 & 622?

Last edited:

Marcus Fryer

Is 47559 the bus allocated to the Sunday only first operated 12 & 622?
According to the bus tracker it’s been the bus for the 12 & 622 every Sunday, and during the week on the 35. It is one of the Streetlites allocated to Marlborough Street (MS), which also work the X8. 47559 is the only 37-seater allocated to MS; the buses that work the X8 are 41 seaters. So I would guess the answer is ‘yes’.

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
According to the bus tracker it’s been the bus for the 12 & 622 every Sunday, and during the week on the 35. It is one of the Streetlites allocated to Marlborough Street (MS), which also work the X8. 47559 is the only 37-seater allocated to MS; the buses that work the X8 are 41 seaters. So I would guess the answer is ‘yes’.
All the Streetlites are 37 seaters since 63068-78 moved to Leicester. It’s because 47559 is in Urban whilst the others at Marlborough St are in Excel colours AFAIK.

Marcus Fryer

All the Streetlites are 37 seaters since 63068-78 moved to Leicester. It’s because 47559 is in Urban whilst the others at Marlborough St are in Excel colours AFAIK.
Thanks for the correction re seats - don't know where I got the impression 44735-47 were 41-seaters from.
However, the UK Buses fleet list has 44743/44/47 as also in urban and based at Lawrence Hill (i.e. Marlborough Street), and Bus Times shows them sometimes working the 35 or X8 (although 44743 hasn't tracked since 15 September).
Presumably, provided the UK Buses fleet list is correct, there's therefore no reason why one of these couldn't be used for the 12 & 622 on a Sunday

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Thanks for the correction re seats - don't know where I got the impression 44735-47 were 41-seaters from.
However, the UK Buses fleet list has 44743/44/47 as also in urban and based at Lawrence Hill (i.e. Marlborough Street), and Bus Times shows them sometimes working the 35 or X8 (although 44743 hasn't tracked since 15 September).
Presumably, provided the UK Buses fleet list is correct, there's therefore no reason why one of these couldn't be used for the 12 & 622 on a Sunday
Missed those. Perhaps it's just that they prefer the Micro-Hybrid one out?

cnjb8

Established Member
Take UK Buses fleet lists with a pinch of salt, not very accurate

DaveHarries

Established Member
As long as all the stoppers that currently terminate at Filton AW are reinstated to Parkway
Which they won't be. From what I can tell, if all goes as seems to be planned (going by info on the RTT website), the Weston-super-Mare - Filton Abbey Wood local stoppers are being rerouted to help provide a 2tph Monday to Saturday daytime service on the Severn Beach line wef 13-Dec-2021. A shuttle service will run roughly hourly between Bristol Temple Meads and Filton Abbey Wood at off-peak times.

Dave