• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flood Damage Near Polmont - 12/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
We'll, what do you know. After being rubbished when I suggested (#118) that they might use Twin track cantilevers, NR have just retweeted the pic above, which shows.... TTCs.
Don't be too quick to do a victory lap, I'm about 60% certain that there were some twin track cantilevers in that area previously.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

InOban

Established Member
You may be right but the stretch shown in the NR tweet linked in #35 doesn't seem to show TTCs.
Whatever, it's looking good.

Philip Phlopp

Established Member
You may be right but the stretch shown in the NR tweet linked in #35 doesn't seem to show TTCs.
Whatever, it's looking good.

There's 3 (from memory) TTCs in sequence for signal sighting reasons. That's exactly as was prior to the repair.

fgwrich

Established Member
There's 3 (from memory) TTCs in sequence for signal sighting reasons. That's exactly as was prior to the repair.

Being finicky, there's 4 TTCs. 3 on one side, and 1 on the other. Helpfully Googlemaps was updated in this area not so long ago. It also shows how far the breach of the canal was to the railway at this point, giving you some indication of how much water there was in the area at the time!

Established Member
Line is to reopen near Polmont on Monday 21ST September and Lner will revert to normal route.

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
What's the latest news on when the Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley route via Polmont might be back in service?
Several weeks.
Having now viewed the video clip (thanks!) I'm inclined to concur. Might well be September.
Line is to reopen near Polmont on Monday 21ST September and Lner will revert to normal route.
Lucky guess on my part. And a lot of hard work been done to have made this possible! ;)

InOban

Established Member
Thanks. I should have posted the link myself, but didn't have time.

InOban

Established Member
Being finicky, there's 4 TTCs. 3 on one side, and 1 on the other. Helpfully Googlemaps was updated in this area not so long ago. It also shows how far the breach of the canal was to the railway at this point, giving you some indication of how much water there was in the area at the time!

This little very shaky video suggests that there may now be at least one more. I'm sure someone will confirm or deny. The NR press release did say two TTCs, but not whether they were additional or replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.