• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

DarloRich

Veteran Member
*STOP PRESS* Darlington 2 v Hereford 0 - A REAKLY good performance sees Darlo actually win a home game! 2 goals, clean sheet, the winner scored by a debutant ( Matty Cornish) and the first made by debutant Cedric Main.

Steve Watson hopefully starting to build a recovery after the awful leadership of Joshua "howling" Gowling.

Heartiest congratulations to the Stones,
are they a coined up "project" club?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
Unfortunately we in Kent haven't really got a premier club. Can't count Gillingham as a big club. :smile:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Doncaster Rovers 1 ... Stockport County 5

This win sees Stockport still top of League 2, now five points clear of second place Wrexham who have a game in hand and six points clear over Mansfield in third place on level games played.

Well done Wimbledon!

Lewisham2221

Established Member
The Black Country derby between West Brom and Wolves in the FA Cup has been suspended due to crowd trouble. Wolves lead 2-0

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The only Balck that I have heard of was a Staff Officer in Germany, Herman(n) Balck, who was involved in WWII.
Once described as... "The greatest German general that no-one has ever heard of".

Anyhoo, back to the football, after a half hour or so delay.

Iskra

Established Member
I’m more looking forward to the draw, with Leeds in it due to a pending replay with Plymouth.

1D54

Hardly stuff of the 70s 80s as far as crowd trouble goes but i suppose there is that little of it actually inside the stadiums these days it'll make big news tomorrow.

I'd be more worried with guy from Stoke who chased the ref off the pitch yesterday in the Pompey win at Vale.

Edit.
Just seen that the bloke involved is 62!! One of the old school no doubt!

Last edited:

Falcon1200

Established Member
Ipswich 1-2 Maidstone United

Ipswich Town got exactly what they deserved after treating the competition with disrespect by changing almost their entire team.

The Black Country derby between West Brom and Wolves in the FA Cup has been suspended due to crowd trouble.

Dreadful scenes; Hopefully serious action will be taken, perhaps the next three (at least) games of both clubs to be played behind closed doors. That might get through to the imbeciles the fact that actions have consequences.

Iskra

Established Member
Ipswich Town got exactly what they deserved after treating the competition with disrespect by changing almost their entire team.

Dreadful scenes; Hopefully serious action will be taken, perhaps the next three (at least) games of both clubs to be played behind closed doors. That might get through to the imbeciles the fact that actions have consequences.
I suspect that once CCTV is reviewed, a number of people will get an early morning knock on the door. Those involved will no doubt feel the full weight of the law, which will bear no resemblance to the punishment dished out for the same acts committed on a Saturday night in a town centre near you. I don’t see why the entire fanbase should be punished for the actions of a few.

dangie

Established Member
Hardly stuff of the 70s 80s as far as crowd trouble goes but i suppose there is that little of it actually inside the stadiums these days it'll make big news tomorrow.

I'd be more worried with guy from Stoke who chased the ref off the pitch yesterday in the Pompey win at Vale.
Sorry but I disagree.
I do agree that the incident at Port Vale was totally unacceptable, but considering the crowd trouble at the Hawthornes, if you were a parent with young children stuck in he middle of that doesn’t bare thinking about.

High Dyke

Established Member
Due to the ongoing pitch issues at Dunston UTS, the home game tomorrow against Grantham Town is being played at Consett. This is at the direction of the NPL / FA.

It seems slightly ironic the 'home' supporters are worrying about the 12 mile journey between Dunston & Consett. Gingerbreads fans have got a 320 mile round trip. On a Tuesday night!

Established Member
It was a big surprise, but I understand and accept Jurgen's decision. He's given us nearly nine years and won six major trophies (hopefully he can sign off with one or two more), so I think he's more than earned the right to, as he put it, try and live a normal life while he still can. I have a feeling his next and likely final job will be the German national team. I have to say I find it unsurprising and amusing to see rival fans being keen on the idea of Gerrard being the next manager of Liverpool, but I expect many of them are going to be left disappointed.

As an aside, a proper cup match against Norwich City yesterday, who to their credit gave us a good game. Thoroughly deserved Player of the Match award winner Conor Bradley looks like a real prospect based on what I've seen of him this season, as does defensive colleague Jarell Quansah.

REVUpminster

Jurgen Klopp is a Christian and it seems a committed one. Perhaps he decided their are more important things in his life than the week in grind of football.

And before anybody says anything REV are my initials (sic).

peteb

On one YouTube video someone throws a red flare onto the pitch at WBA Vs Wolves. If you can smuggle a flare in then it must be even easier to conceal a blade. Incredible given the increase in knife crime that fans aren't properly frisked on entry!

Haywain

Veteran Member
If you can smuggle a flare in then it must be even easier to conceal a blade. Incredible given the increase in knife crime that fans aren't properly frisked on entry!
Well, being caught with a flare anywhere in the region of a football ground is likely to get you a banning order for 3 to 5 years. I imagine having a knife or similar would result in a prison sentence as well. After all, the law regards football supporters as far worse than those who commit proper crimes elsewhere!