• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It is not all that long ago that Ramsbottom United were fined and had three points deducted for fielding an ineligible player in a match.

I note that Curzon Ashton finished as champions, nine points clear.

they took 6 off us! :cry:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also not long ago there players were fighting with Lancaster fans at Radcliffe

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

at a match they weren't even involved in!

fowler9

Established Member
More than slightly disappointed to hear that some Liverpool fans have been accused of racism after our game against Chelsea. Ban them for life if its true, more tickets for decent people.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You know, I'm not sure but I hear their owner is criminal ;)

Show some heart. I was on SHA last night when I needed cheering up and it was like the end of the world there. :lol:

Remember when you are down, there is always someone worse out there.

gnolife

Established Member
Some results from the Conference North:
Guiseley 2 - 0 North Ferriby United

Hednesford Town 2 - 2 Altrincham

While I can't say I'm happy with the result at Keys Park, I must at least concede that a draw was about fair, based on what the commentary service was saying - I couldn't make it down to the match today due to other commitments :( . It's going to be an incredibly nervy match at Moss Lane on Saturday.

In the other match, I am glad that Guiseley beat Ferriby - their ground is incredibly bad by Conference North standards, if they got promoted, some of the bigger teams, for example Grimsby, would be likely to have to leave fans behind.

Holmbridge

Tonight's big game was at the Shay, just up from Halifax station....1-0 to the Shaymen.....Gregory adds a few thousands to his transfer value!!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Darlington 0 - Ramsbottom 2 :cry:

Really poor result, a bad performance by our team and a scandalously poor performance by the ref.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Did they forget to bring the bus from Liverpool?

Perhaps it would have been better to have brought BOTH of them...:roll:
***********************************************************************************************

The punishment handed to the Chelsea assistant manager for his antics and attempted confrontation with the match referee during the 2-1 defeat by Sunderland has been announced as a 6-match stadium ban and a fine of £30,000.

CallySleeper

Established Member
I've got Notts County getting a winner. Not sure why I thought Stoke - Fulham would be a draw..
Final score: Hamilton 10 - 2 Morton (Scottish Championship)

SS4

Established Member
I saw that on the vidiprinter

And thank goodness we won, barring a massive goal swing we should survive
Sadly Small Heath also managed to stay up

CC 72100

Established Member
Fair play Sunderland. Could have easily been 3 - to Sunderland, of course.

Meanwhile, Man United continue to play the ball sideways for 90 minutes with poor crosses from Nani and Young... predictable. Hernandez does sod all, Fletcher and Carrick poor, Mata didn't do much wrong but didn't do much in general, Jones also playing poor crosses in. De Gea awful at kicking today (normally one of his strong points)... suppose Evra / Rio / Vidic didn't do much wrong.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
And playing in Bristol Rovers Youth's away kit :lol:

Must have done wonders for Mansfield Town who won 1-0 away at Bristol Rovers, who now find themselves out of the Football League and playing in the Conference Premiership next season.
*****************************************************************************************

In the Scottish Championship, Hamilton Academical consolidated their second place and improved their goal difference figure today against already-relegated Morton by winning 10-2.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Haha, Vincent Tan. Haahaa...
Haha, Reading. Haahaa...
Haha, Donny. Haahaa... Who's the real champion now?!

Couldn't have worked out better today. :lol:

FGW_Lad

Haha, Reading. Haahaa...

We haven't been good enough all season, today wasn't where it was lost for us the results against Yeovil & Barnsley at home did it.

One question, why does half of the football league seem to hate us?? It's quite funny the amount of hate we get from other fans!! :D

richw

Veteran Member
Seems neither Man Utd nor Spurs want the last Europa League place with todays performances.

familyguy99

I thought the final score was 1-1.

Yeah it finish Oldham 1-1 Notts County, well done to County for staying in League One and I was happy to see Tranmere get relegated as I wanted Crewe and County to stay up in League One in which they did.

I was happy to see us draw this afternoon as it mean we finished season in 15th place and also end of season unbeaten in 10 league matches too. :)

I was surprise to see Man Utd losing 1-0 to Sunderland which probably mean no Europa competition for Man Utd next season and probably also mean Ryan Giggs wouldn't be getting Man Utd job now.

Good news for Liverpool fans as City are losing 1-0 to Everton.

Last edited: