• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Howardh

Established Member
A very small number of Bury "fans", 14 in fact, had a march against AFC merging with the group that own Gigg, which ended with some of them throwing smoke bombs into the stadium from outside, and two were reported njured, a player and young fan.
You may have seen this on the red button this afternoon as the game was being shown live.
Police are gathering evidence and asking for witnesses.
Meanwhile Bury AFC continue to be the only club in the competition that's never been beaten in the FA Cup.....we think!

youngiecj

Darlo 3 Boston 2. Still rock bottom, sounded like we played ok first half. Second half not so much!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Darlo 3 Boston 2. Still rock bottom, sounded like we played ok first half. Second half not so much!

Darlo were poor first half and went in 1-0 due to a dodgy penalty only the ref saw. I was at the other end so will watch the video to see whats whats but i saw nothing.

Boston then had a man sent off unfairly in my view. He made a rash tackle but the ref was v quick to brandish the red. It was right in front of me and i thought it was an orange card really!

Second half darlo came out flying and really took control. Beck excellent in the air and starting to link up well with team. Team had much more energy and mived the ball and boston players around well. We could have scored more than 3 really. We gave Boston a goal at the death that made things harder than they should have been.

No idea how Boston are bottom as they werent a bad side.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
FA Cup ...1st Qualifying Round

Warrington Rylands 0 ... Hyde United 4

Both teams in the Northern Premier League...Premier Division and Warrington Rylands had made the better start to the season of the two. I expected a hard match for Hyde, being drawn away and am absolutely gob-smacked by the final score. The first thing I did on Sunday morning when I awoke was to log on the results section to see if I had been dreaming!!! They led 3-0 after 17 minutes and added a fourth early in the second half.

Last edited:

Loppylugs

Nasty incident at Oldham this weekend. Athletic's Hallam Hope badly injured after an attack in the car park after the match and it sounds very much as though a Chesterfield player may be the guilty party. Best wishes for a full recovery to Hallam Hope.

youngiecj

Boston have sacked the Manager Paul Cox and replaced him with Ian Culverhouse, quite a popular appointment. Ironically when we poached Cox from Kettering they replaced him with Culverhouse!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Northern Premier League...Premier Division

Hyde United 1 ... FC United of Manchester 0

The Tuesday night match between old rivals had an attendance of 962, as FC United always bring a good number of supporters and Hyde scored the only goal of the game in the 36th minute and this result sees Hyde in 8th place in the league.

kristiang85

Established Member
Tuchel has been sacked by Chelsea.

Potter current favourite to replace him (though I hope he sticks with Brighton).

EZJ

Chelsea won't go for Potter (wrongly in my opinion) I would expect Mr Pochettino to be installed.

kristiang85

Established Member
Chelsea won't go for Potter (wrongly in my opinion) I would expect Mr Pochettino to be installed.

Would Poch want to go after the history he had with Chelsea from his spurs tenure?

Though chequebooks do accelerate forgiveness, granted.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Would Poch want to go after the history he had with Chelsea from his spurs tenure?

Though chequebooks do accelerate forgiveness, granted.
They can have Danny Schofield... he's "highly rated within the game" according to our Chairman and our Head of Football Operations... (and literally nobody else).

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Boston have sacked the Manager Paul Cox and replaced him with Ian Culverhouse, quite a popular appointment. Ironically when we poached Cox from Kettering they replaced him with Culverhouse!
Not a surprise after such a poor start - as i said i didnt think Boston were that bad when we played them on Saturday.

Jimini

Established Member
Latest favourite? :lol:

Attachments

• 7A6933D9-14E7-4895-B512-228ABF64BD0A.jpeg
    7A6933D9-14E7-4895-B512-228ABF64BD0A.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 1

youngiecj

Not a surprise after such a poor start - as i said i didnt think Boston were that bad when we played them on Saturday.
Its been some of the worst football I've ever seen, so poor. I think the playoff final run masked the poor results, we hadn't won in 13 at home!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Its been some of the worst football I've ever seen, so poor. I think the playoff final run masked the poor results, we hadn't won in 13 at home!
I ma not to fussy about style of play as long as it is winning! I have watched Darlo for years. It has mostly been rubbish ;)

JamesT

Established Member
Zidane would be another likely name. For sure they will want a high profile name.
The suggestion is that Zidane is waiting for the France job to become free after the World Cup.

GS250

Boston a very familiar name from the past. You may not have such fond a memory of the 1985 FA Trophy Final......but to be fair you went into a different and far better direction to us eventually. Only to end up a level below as we speak.

Funny old game.

youngiecj

Boston a very familiar name from the past. You may not have such fond a memory of the 1985 FA Trophy Final......but to be fair you went into a different and far better direction to us eventually. Only to end up a level below as we speak.

Funny old game.
A bit before I was born but the final is still spoken about.