• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Leeds 3 - 0 Chelsea

Not really sure how it happened but we made Chelsea look poor with some great pressing. Tuchel’s extremely bitter reaction to the result is hilarious.

3rd in the league, back where we belong at last ;)

Howardh

Established Member
At last, Bury are on a cup run, after breezing past Hallam in the very first pre-pre qualification round, a 2 - 0 win at home to Widnes pus us through into round goodness-knows-what. Gate of 800+ where the receipts are shared (+ streaming money) +£1444 prize money (and £750 if we lose the next round) is very handy indeed!

Four more wins takes us through to the first round proper when the medium-sized guys join in. So I'm told...

kristiang85

Established Member
Leeds 3 - 0 Chelsea

Not really sure how it happened but we made Chelsea look poor with some great pressing. Tuchel’s extremely bitter reaction to the result is hilarious.

3rd in the league, back where we belong at last ;)

I have a very strong dislike for Tuchel, so that result pleased me greatly.

Newcastle Vs City also looked to be an epic game. City aren't as infallible as many thought, so hopefully that bodes well for the season.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Thinking of the strictures that can apply for non-fulfilment of fixtures with the threatened possibility of this occurring at Old Trafford by a mass exterior ground supporters encirclement, I recall that in their last season in the Football League, Macclesfield Town were deducted seven points for not fulfilling their fixture against Plymouth Argyle.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Thinking of the strictures that can apply for non-fulfilment of fixtures with the threatened possibility of this occurring at Old Trafford by a mass exterior ground supporters encirclement, I recall that in their last season in the Football League, Macclesfield Town were deducted seven points for not fulfilling their fixture against Plymouth Argyle.
If I rightly recall, it was actually a four point deduction for Macclesfield Town (i) not having a stadium safety certificate to enable them to host the December 2019 Plymouth Argyle home fixture as well as (ii) non payment of player wages in February 2020.

In addition, they also incurred an additional three point deduction, which had been suspended from earlier on in 2019, this after facing previous charges, and which might not have been imposed had they not further breached any regulations that season, making it 7 points in total.

SteveM70

Established Member
Newcastle Vs City also looked to be an epic game. City aren't as infallible as many thought, so hopefully that bodes well for the season.

Eddie Howe was brave enough to play with two out and out wingers against City, where Pep likes his fullbacks to play inside like auxiliary midfielders. Saint Maximim wreaked havoc. City hugely lucky not to concede a penalty when Stones clattered Schar. And we’ll done the ref for being brave enough to overturn the red card decision. Very few would have done that

Now for the relegation six-pointer tomorrow night eh! :lol:
Time for predictions! I'm saying 4-0 Liverpool because I'm bad at predicting

Eddie Howe was brave enough to play with two out and out wingers against City, where Pep likes his fullbacks to play inside like auxiliary midfielders. Saint Maximim wreaked havoc. City hugely lucky not to concede a penalty when Stones clattered Schar. And we’ll done the ref for being brave enough to overturn the red card decision. Very few would have done that
One of the best premier league matches I've watched in a long time.

DannyMich2018

It's funny how some of the top teams such as West Ham, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea have not have had great start to the season but some such as Fulham, Arsenal, Brighton are storming ahead. Time will tell.......

Jimini

Established Member
It's funny how some of the top teams such as West Ham, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea have not have had great start to the season but some such as Fulham, Arsenal, Brighton are storming ahead. Time will tell.......

My bold :D8-) Fingers crossed we can keep the momentum up!

I like how you have included Arsenal with the smaller teams :D

I really rate Brighton to be fair.

Manchester United 2 ... Liverpool 1

Victor Meldrew would have to say something about this result!!!!
I have to say, I think Liverpool are dreadful at the moment. Puy that Manchester United side up against Brentford or Brighton again and they'd lose

Jimini

Established Member
So by my logic: Fulham beat Brentford :D ; Brentford beat Manchester United; Manchester United beat Liverpool... bring on the Champions League! :lol:

High Dyke

Established Member
FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay: Grantham Town 5 Lincoln United 1

Following a 0-0 draw on Saturday, the Gingerbreads hosted the replay. Despite conceding a goal after two minutes, Grantham equalised after five minutes and then took the lead on eight minutes. Further goals saw them comfortably through to the next round, and a home tie against Rugby Town.

GS250

Wealdstone 1-0 Halifax.

This following on from beating Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park earlier during the week. Great start for the only part time club in the National League.

PS: Dorking have been full time for 3 seasons now.