• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Warrington Town 1 v Darlo 3

Nervy. Pitch like a ploughed bog. Professional job. Points, bag, bus, home!

Up to 19th. 2 points on Farsley who drop into the relegation zone.

Next 2 games at home: Southport then Farsley. Squeaky bum time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Wythenshawe (Ammies) travel to neighbours Wythenshawe Town on Easter Monday.
Wythenshawe Town 2 ... Wythenshawe 0

Prestwich Heys 1 ... Bury 2

Top 3 league placings.....

1) Wythenshawe Town.......P42...86 points
2) Wythenshawe...............P41...85 points
3) Bury............................P41...82 points

************************************************************************************************************************************

Northern Premier League...Premier Division

30th March 2024
W
orksop Town 1 ... Hyde United 0

Ist April 2024
Hyde United 1 ... Macclesfield 3

A repeat of last season at Hyde all over again with a well-placed second league position early in March ending the season not even qualifying for a play-off place if this loss of form continues.

Last edited:

SteveM70

Established Member
FC Halifax Town P-P York City

Another day, another postponement. The cash-strapped council can't afford to fix the drainage and the pitch, which just can't cope with two professional sports teams playing on it if it rains.

We're trying again tomorrow evening, which seems ambitious, and if we don't play then it looks like playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday in the final week of the season as we've run out of midweeks.

The further complicating factor is that the rugby are at home next Sunday, and will play regardless of the state of the pitch, with us having three home games in the 9 days after that. I suspect we may be forced to play home games away from the Shay

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Wythenshawe Town 2 ... Wythenshawe 0

Prestwich Heys 1 ... Bury 2

Top 3 league placings.....

1) Wythenshawe Town.......P42...86 points
2) Wythenshawe...............P41...85 points
3) Bury............................P41...82 points
The NWCFL league table, however, now needs updating to reflect Easter Monday's results.

Wythenshawe Town now played 43 games with 89 points.

Wythenshawe FC now played 42 games with 85 points.

Bury FC now played 42 games with 85 points (and they have a slightly inferior goal difference to the Ammies).

Chadderton played 40 games with 74 points.

At the other end of the table, Skelmersdale United are relegated.

N.B. It's a maximum of 46 games for each team in the NWCFL Premier Division.

Iskra

Established Member
Well, the championship continues to be incredibly interesting at both ends.

Leeds United 3 Hull City 1

Not the best performance from Leeds, which Hull must take some credit for with their good pressing and the way they retained possession. Nevertheless, I feel Leeds had the better of the chances and was very happy with the extremely naïve penalty that Hull gifted us to put us 2-1 in front, and even more so with Dan James' sublime finish from the half way line to kill the game. Leeds go back second, knocking Leicester (17pts clear in 1st place on New Years Day) to third.

Down at the bottom, Rotherham beat Millwall to avoid being relegated today.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Bradford 2 Radcliffe 3

2-0 and we ++++ it up yet again, for the second time in three days. That’s now 34 pts lost from winning positions (plus 3 more for an expunged win) leaving us with just 26 from 37 games. Yes a number of our better players have suffered season-ending injuries but its still a **** disgrace. And to add insult to injury, I'll have more travelling to do next season, not less, as all the NPL-1E clubs are east of the Pennines and I live west.

This is now our 3rd double relegation.

1920/21 D1-D2, 1921/22 D2-D3N (D3N didn't even exist in 1920)

2004/05 CN-NPLP, 2005/06 NPLP-NPL1

2022/23 NLN-NPLP. 2023/24 NPLP-NPL1E

With the addition of extra divisions at steps 3 and 4, NPL1E is much, much weaker than NPL1 was in 2006 - on a par with the NWCL which were promoted from in 1995 on appeal as the NPL management committee tried to block us. But our ambitionless owner is slashing our budget yet again, so don't expect any upwards movement any time soon. Maybe his plan is to go down to the NCEL and win the FA Vase?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Doncaster Rovers are the latest team to prick the Wrexham balloon with their 1-0 win this evening, a result that will go down well in the towns of both Stockport and of Mansfield.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

At least Burnley have now remained undefeated in their last four league matches, winning one and drawing three.

Last edited:

AndyHudds

FC Halifax Town P-P York City

Another day, another postponement. The cash-strapped council can't afford to fix the drainage and the pitch, which just can't cope with two professional sports teams playing on it if it rains.

We're trying again tomorrow evening, which seems ambitious, and if we don't play then it looks like playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday in the final week of the season as we've run out of midweeks.

The further complicating factor is that the rugby are at home next Sunday, and will play regardless of the state of the pitch, with us having three home games in the 9 days after that. I suspect we may be forced to play home games away from the Shay
That's probably why the council are going to put it up for sale. I'm not surprised a reprimand and some kind of instruction from the National League hierarchy hasn't been forthcoming to get the pitch sorted out due to the number of postponements over the years. The Ebbsfleet one was a stinker, give the distance travelled by Ebbsfleets and their 15 fans.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
So there is a team having a worse season than Sheffield United.
Today, I was chatting to a neighbour about teams having a really bad season this season and he said to look up the Northern Counties East Football Leaue..Division 1 league table to see how Ollerton Town are faring.

P39...W1 D1 L37 (including every away game)...Points 4...Goal difference of minus 147.

Ivor

Originally Balham & now The West Sussex Coastway
Off to The Bridge tonight to see my lot play again like the Under 14s who never listen to the manager although not sure what Poch’s half time talks are like as they come out & play worse in the second half than the first & that takes some doing.

With that said not sure what MU team turns up most weeks it seems, as long as Mount doesn’t hit a goal or two if he starts as that’ll really top things off :s

JD2168

The game between Chelsea & Manchester United has finished 4-3 to Chelsea. Chelsea went 2-0 up then Manchester United brung it back to 2-3 then in injury time Chelsea scored a penalty then a winner barely a minute later.

Liverpool beat Sheffield United 3-1 including a screamer from Alexis Mac Allister into the top corner.

Ted633

Off to The Bridge tonight to see my lot play again like the Under 14s who never listen to the manager although not sure what Poch’s half time talks are like as they come out & play worse in the second half than the first & that takes some doing.

With that said not sure what MU team turns up most weeks it seems, as long as Mount doesn’t hit a goal or two if he starts as that’ll really top things off :s
Hope you stayed until the end!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Darlington 2 v Southport 0 - 2 early goals and a professional performance won us a fantastic 3 points. Sadly results didn't go our way with both Rushall & Farsley winning BUT those results mean that anyone from 15th down could be relegated.

Farsley next up for Darlo. Even more squeaky bum!

EDIT - apparently PBO sports missed a last minute penalty at Farsley. Damn.

Last edited:

DannyMich2018

Ipswich lost away at their local derby rivals Norwich today, Leeds lost away at Coventry and we won at King Power today so we are back at the top by 1 point with a game in hand and 13 pts clear of 4th place Southampton who have 2 games in hand one of which is us!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Northern Premier Leaguw...Premier Division

Hyde United 2 ... FC United of Manchester 1

A good attendance of 1,073 saw the derby match on a day of reasonable weather. FC United took a 36th minute lead but Hyde equalised three minutes before half-time. Hyde scored again in the 68th minute to keep our usual good record in recent times against FC United of Manchester. Hyde remain in 5th place (the lowest of the four play-off places) but the recent bad run of results see them just over Ashton United on goal difference but on level points and Ashton United have two games in hand. Hyde United have only two more league matches to play:-
13th April...away...Gainsborough Trinity
20th April...home...Matlock Town

Hyde United will play Crewe Alexandra in the Cheshire Senior Cup Final later this month, but I am not sure what ground will host the final.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

North West Counties Football League...Premier Division

All the three top clubs won today....

West Didsbury and Chorlton 0 ... Wythenshawe Town 3.....Match attendance 1,320.

Wythenshawe 4 .. Pilkington 1

Bury 3 ... AFC Liverpool 0
....Match attendance 3,368.

Last edited:

1D54

After all the violence last season i hope it is quieter this time around but I'd not bet on it... Currently Feyenoord 6 Ajax 0.

SteveM70

Established Member
Rangers 3-3 Celtic

One of the worst VAR decisions I've seen so far, but then it was given to Rangers by a referee who is a known Rangers fan

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
After all the violence last season i hope it is quieter this time around but I'd not bet on it... Currently Feyenoord 6 Ajax
That was the final score:-
Feynoord had 30 shots...15 on target
Ajax had 1 shot (which was on target)

Rangers 3-3 Celtic

One of the worst VAR decisions I've seen so far, but then it was given to Rangers by a referee who is a known Rangers fan
If that referee was a "known Rangers fan", would that knowledge have been made available to the football authorities prior to the match being played?

SteveM70

Established Member
That was the final score:-
Feynoord had 30 shots...15 on target
Ajax had 1 shot (which was on

If that referee was a "known Rangers fan", would that knowledge have been made available to the football authorities prior to the match being played?

Yes it is known. Has been for years. There are loads of photos of him drinking in a Rangers bar