• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Owen83

Well that's the two tests done! The final one was a brain melter, Fingers crossed.
I'm not going to think about it until I get the email.

I've by no means achieved 100% that's for sure.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Venna1

Well that's the two tests done! The final one was a brain melter, Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you all!

I’ve just finished myself mate, again don’t stress it, think I got a good 7/8 wrong that I knew about last time and still passed. They’re testing you more of your panicking once you get one wrong to see how you react

Owen83

I’ve just finished myself mate, again don’t stress it, think I got a good 7/8 wrong that I knew about last time and still passed. They’re testing you more of your panicking once you get one wrong to see how you react
That's re-assuring to know, and many thanks.

Last edited:

PHB2203

Just completed the two tests-for the VSE first test I'm confident with, 2nd test i know i made a few mistakes a couple by error as my mouse kept sticking and ended up hitting the wrong button 3rd test not as bad as i was expecting but i know i made mistakes. Really not confident i passed to the required standards :(

Richie1986

Just completed the two tests-for the VSE first test I'm confident with, 2nd test i know i made a few mistakes a couple by error as my mouse kept sticking and ended up hitting the wrong button 3rd test not as bad as i was expecting but i know i made mistakes. Really not confident i passed to the required standards :(
You think it’ll be ok to do it without a mouse? I’ve got a laptop but just with the finger pad. I’ll have to borrow a mouse if not

PHB2203

I would say if you are use to using the finger pad you would be fine. I have that on my laptop also but I much prefer to use a mouse so did the test on my PC.

Venna1

You think it’ll be ok to do it without a mouse? I’ve got a laptop but just with the finger pad. I’ll have to borrow a mouse if not

Buy a mouse on Amazon mate that’s what I did. Makes it way simpler, saves you milliseconds but it literally matters so much

CheeseNoMayo

Just completed the M7SJT and VSE. SJT is long, 25 questions. First 2 VSE tests weren’t so bad in my opinion, I made only a couple of errors in test 2. Test 3 however is fairly tricky. I can’t gauge how I’ve done so I suppose it’s back to refreshing the emails now!

LewRaz

Completed the first 4 tests last night and just heard back that I did not meet the required score. Disappointing but a quick response at least.

Owen83

Completed the first 4 tests last night and just heard back that I did not meet the required score. Disappointing but a quick response at least.
Sorry to hear that. Better luck with the next one!

Wow that is quick! Is that the M7SJT and the VSE?

Orange08

I didn’t end up taking the assessments. Got offered a start date with a toc last week so I didn’t see the point in potentially taking up someone’s space. I wish you all the best of luck with the application.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
I didn’t end up taking the assessments. Got offered a start date with a toc last week so I didn’t see the point in potentially taking up someone’s space. I wish you all the best of luck with the application.
what toc you starting with as a driver?

JATHO

Has anyone heard back from the VSE and M7SJT tests yet and know what comes next? I received these less than 24 hours after completing the first 4 tests which was a much quicker turn around than I expected and wonder if it’s the same turn around time for these too?

J3053B

Has anyone heard back from the VSE and M7SJT tests yet and know what comes next? I received these less than 24 hours after completing the first 4 tests which was a much quicker turn around than I expected and wonder if it’s the same turn around time for these too?
Nope haven’t heard anything back, completed them on Thursday. :)

Barlos1973

Hi. Been checking the practice scenarios OPC have sent. Will the test be in the exact same format. I've seen some online material and it seems to differ. I appreciate at the end of the day it test the same skills but would be nice too know if the format is the Sam, ie the boxes and then letters and then both. Cheers

dereksingh291

On Moderation
just completed the M7SJT & the VSE, part 1 of the VSE was okay but parts 2 & 3 were a bit tricky as I made 10 mistakes but should this be a big deal but also when will we hear back the results of the M7SJT & the VSE?

CheeseNoMayo

Hi. Been checking the practice scenarios OPC have sent. Will the test be in the exact same format. I've seen some online material and it seems to differ. I appreciate at the end of the day it test the same skills but would be nice too know if the format is the Sam, ie the boxes and then letters and then both. Cheers
I completed these tests yesterday. The format is the same, being that you do part 1, part 2 and then part 3 is doing them both together. However the content of the test is different to the practice ones. You do get a practice go before you do parts 1&2. Good luck!

Richie1986

Hi guys.

Just completed the 2 assessments. I think I done ok. Will soon see.

Not expecting to hear back now until after Xmas.

Anybody know the next stages?

TonyBrides

Congratulations to everyone who got as far as the online tests.

I know you’re all really keen to know how you’ve got on when the next stage will be. But please try and relax. Until you get an email saying NO you’re still in.

I applied in October 21. I did the tests strait away.

I was then told after a good few weeks of waiting that my application was on hold. I didn’t hear anything until March 22 when I was invited to do the DFFT (I had a full set of psychometrics, but I hadn’t done that test)

I passed that then nothing till late April when I was offered a driver manager interview.

Interview felt good but it was 3 weeks until I got an email saying 2023 talent pool.

Finally had my medical a week ago and I start in Feb 23. Some people seem to have gone through quickly, mine however was slow. Don’t worry if you’ve heard nothing it could be a good sign.

Good luck to you all.

Barlos1973

Congratulations to everyone who got as far as the online tests.

I know you’re all really keen to know how you’ve got on when the next stage will be. But please try and relax. Until you get an email saying NO you’re still in.

I applied in October 21. I did the tests strait away.

I was then told after a good few weeks of waiting that my application was on hold. I didn’t hear anything until March 22 when I was invited to do the DFFT (I had a full set of psychometrics, but I hadn’t done that test)

I passed that then nothing till late April when I was offered a driver manager interview.

Interview felt good but it was 3 weeks until I got an email saying 2023 talent pool.

Finally had my medical a week ago and I start in Feb 23. Some people seem to have gone through quickly, mine however was slow. Don’t worry if you’ve heard nothing it could be a good sign.

Good luck to you all.

Thanks mate. I think I needed to read that advice

Good luck to you all!
What's the percentage for pass for each section
Any ideas

Last edited:

PK96

If your asking about the pass mark for all the psychometric test... When you go to the OPC test centers.
No one knows the pass marks and ALL the tests have different pass marks.
E.g Some could be 85% for national but for enhanced it could be 90% on one specific exam but the next one could be 90% national and 95% enhanced.

If however, your asking about the 2 exams OPC send over to do online. No clue how they score it but I'm sure it just has one pass level. E.g. if you score 85% you'll be invited over to the exam centre.

I believe that's how it works.
I passed my psychometric exams earlier in the year and that's what the lovely people at OPC explained to me.

Hope that helps.

Barlos1973

If your asking about the pass mark for all the psychometric test... When you go to the OPC test centers.
No one knows the pass marks and ALL the tests have different pass marks.
E.g Some could be 85% for national but for enhanced it could be 90% on one specific exam but the next one could be 90% national and 95% enhanced.

If however, your asking about the 2 exams OPC send over to do online. No clue how they score it but I'm sure it just has one pass level. E.g. if you score 85% you'll be invited over to the exam centre.

I believe that's how it works.
I passed my psychometric exams earlier in the year and that's what the lovely people at OPC explained to me.

Hope that helps.
Thanks mate

knockerhero

Hi.
I have been invited to do the VSE exercise. I was just wondering if when this happens is it just the dot that might skip or might there be changes to the track etc.
I have been told by some that the dots can change colour but one friend said the track also has to be observed.

Any help much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.