• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mtl83

I'm out also, passed the vse but not the M7, funny thing is, I thought I'd done really rubbish on the vse. The Mrs seems to think that I over think the situational judgement tests.
Good luck to those left.

JATHO

Anyone still waiting to hear back regarding Crewe?

The assessments I did online had to be done by 16/12, and I’ve yet to hear anything else?
I’m still waiting for Crewe. I think my tests were due back on the 20th Dec

Theoffs

The assessments I did online had to be done by 16/12, and I’ve yet to hear anything else?
I’ve heard nothing.. had the same deadline as you!! Crew applications seem to have hit the buffers and come to a stop??

J3053B

I’ve heard nothing.. had the same deadline as you!! Crew applications seem to have hit the buffers and come to a stop??
Everyone had the same deadline dependent on when they completed the first stage, I’m applying for merehead, my date was the 16th and I also haven’t heard anything.

No need to worry (too much)

PK96

Sorry to hear for all the people who wasn't successful. However, keep trying! I've been declined the chance to even get to the stage of exams an enormous amount of times. Head up!

I'm yet to hear back from the OPC. But, I understand they must be working through a back log of candidates not only for Freightliner. In the meantime, I'm going to relax and wait patiently... Just keep checking my emails every so often!

Hopefully for those who haven't heard back like myself. Hopefully by the end of Friday we all have some sort of knowledge were we stand.

knockerhero

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about those that haven't passed. Keep going.
I am still awaiting my Crewe results so good to hear it isn't just me. Fingers crossed.

Sidewinder

Passed the SJT but failed the VSE too. I knew at the time, I felt I was doing okay a with a couple of errors but on part 3 got the last 4 or 5 consecutively wrong :| first time I’ve got that far though so a good learning curve.

I know it’s probably been asked a million times before but the ‘2 strike rule’, does this mean I’ve only ever got one attempt across the board at any TOC or FOC if I ever get that far again? I know it mentioned beforehand about 2 attempts.

Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting or had confirmation they’ve passed:D

knockerhero

The initial ones were all completed by then. I was then sent additional tests VSE and M7 to be completed by 27/12.

Jonsutt

Passed the SJT but failed the VSE too. I knew at the time, I felt I was doing okay a with a couple of errors but on part 3 got the last 4 or 5 consecutively wrong :| first time I’ve got that far though so a good learning curve.

I know it’s probably been asked a million times before but the ‘2 strike rule’, does this mean I’ve only ever got one attempt across the board at any TOC or FOC if I ever get that far again? I know it mentioned beforehand about 2 attempts.

Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting or had confirmation they’ve passed:D
Only those that use the sjt and vse.

J3053B

Just had my pass confirmation! Check your emails.

Ecstatic, good luck to others!

Last edited:
Received an email to say I’ve also passed and been invited to an assessment day. Has everyone been given Watford for the location of their assessments, or do they use various different locations throughout the UK? I’m up in Scotland, so awaiting details of where mine will be held!

kajojek3232

What was your VSE like guys? I haven’t applied for this job whatsoever I just wanted to know a bit more what it entails out of curiosity. Obviously I don’t want any details that’d make the tests easier for people who haven’t done it, just want the overall description.

JATHO

Same boat as you - not heard anything and deadline was 20th Dec. Been refreshing my emails all week. Which depots have people heard back from?

Last edited:

MatthewLdn

I still haven’t received the link to do any of the tests, although I did complete and pass all of them the month before with another toc. Last contact from opc was the follow up email for completing the survey monkey and they were checking database and ensure within 60mins.

BobCratchit

I’m in the same boat as you then

Has anybody heard that they’ve failed yet that’s applied to Doncaster?
I’m guessing that the guys who had a 16th December deadline are getting results first, good luck to you and everyone else who’s applied! Think we’ll be waiting a few days yet… Well done to those who have been successful and to those that haven’t, don’t give up!

What was your VSE like guys? I haven’t applied for this job whatsoever I just wanted to know a bit more what it entails out of curiosity. Obviously I don’t want any details that’d make the tests easier for people who haven’t done it, just want the overall description.
I have attempted the VSE three times now. I passed the first two times I attempted it, for Avanti and DRS, and am now waiting to find out if I passed when I attempted it in the week running up to Christmas (for Freightliner).
It's in three parts:
Part one you follow a hyperthetical train 6 or 7 times round a track. The 'train' is represented by a dot and you need to click 'fault' when you notice something untoward. You should not fail this.
Part two shows two sets of shapes/symbols. You must identify whether the two sets match, and click fault or no fault to submit your answer. It's been previously mentioned that you get 4 seconds for each pair. This task is trickier than task one.
In part 3 you must complete both tasks simultaeneously. One of the tasks takes priority. This is tough, but designed to see how you react under pressure. You will most likely make a mistake on this section, with the test designed to see how you bounce back after making an error.
I hope other members don't feel that I have have given too much away. I remember researching the VSE back in April 2020 and, despite finding multiple descriptions similar to to what I've documented here, I still don't believe that you can be fully prepared for this test. If anything, you must treat parts 1 and 2 as practise for part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.