• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargentsiri

I’ve been lucky enough to be invited for testing in Crewe early March. Upon reading the email, it only appears to be partial testing, not all the tests appear to be on the email, anyone else had this?
I also thought this, the email only shows around 4 test iirc. However if you read the 84 page testing document, it mentions around 7/8 tests which can be carried out.

Going off what others have said, I believe we will be sitting the increased No.

I'm sure others may confirm this however.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I’ve been lucky enough to be invited for testing in Crewe early March. Upon reading the email, it only appears to be partial testing, not all the tests appear to be on the email, anyone else had this?
It’ll be the written tests on the first date (stage 1) and computer tests and MMI on the second date (stage 2) assuming you pass the first set of tests. Unless they’ve changed it now?

PickleTree

I also thought this, the email only shows around 4 test iirc. However if you read the 84 page testing document, it mentions around 7/8 tests which can be carried out.

Going off what others have said, I believe we will be sitting the increased No.

I'm sure others may confirm this however.
@Stigy is correct. You will do the paper based tests initially and if you pass those then the computer based tests will be on another day. These are generally held at the OPC in Watford as they have the necessary equipment to carry out the tests there.

iwasyoungonce

OPC can test candidates at Freightliner locations if needed as all the equipment (two hand test etc) is mobile

737egnh

Thanks all! Wasn’t aware you could do it 2 stages , always thought it was all in one.

Haru

The feb assessments just gone did both stages in one day and DMI prior, I guess they may have changed?

Maybe you can screenshot the relevant part of the email so we can confirm?

Terry844

Thanks all! Wasn’t aware you could do it 2 stages , always thought it was all in one.
When I did my tests back in 2019/2020 it was over 2 days first day was paper tests in December then was invited back to sit the computer tests and mmi in January

plunk

for those that attended last week, did you go suited and booted?, and whats the guidelines on having a beard, or do i need to shave it off?

SLee

for those that attended last week, did you go suited and booted?, and whats the guidelines on having a beard, or do i need to shave it off?
Recommend to shave beard and head and also wear nothing but your underpants :p

Joking aside, I’d always dress smart for anything that involves wanting to make a good impression. On my assessment day we were all clean shaven but I imagine a neat well groomed beard is competely fine.

Haru

Not everyone was in a suit for mine but it’s always better to make a good first impression than a bad one.

When is your assessment? Good luck!

When I did my tests back in 2019/2020 it was over 2 days first day was paper tests in December then was invited back to sit the computer tests and mmi in January
Must’ve been the norm back then as I did it over two days in December and January.
December paper part in the Jurys inn Watford though rather than the opc building.

Last edited:
Had my medical today. Went well and quietly confident (famous last words) having originally applied 2.5 years ago.

The chap carrying out the medical said that FL seem to be hiring a lot of trainee drivers based on the number of medically he was carrying out. Makes sense I guess. Catching up after Covid?!

Anyway, hopefully this forum will be full of success stories over the coming months as a result!

Numbskull100

Had my medical today. Went well and quietly confident (famous last words) having originally applied 2.5 years ago.

The chap carrying out the medical said that FL seem to be hiring a lot of trainee drivers based on the number of medically he was carrying out. Makes sense I guess. Catching up after Covid?!

Anyway, hopefully this forum will be full of success stories over the coming months as a result!
Superb, that's great news. A long wait indeed and hopefully worth it.

Terry844

The person that did my medical last week said the same, they also said that there looks to be a lot of retirement as well

Bonzo

Had my medical last week. She told me I'd passed everything just waiting for confirmation of the drug test to come back from the lab. Email out of the blue for a uniform order CV and references. Since I started the process in late 2019 I still won't believe it until I'm on a course!

Numbskull100

6 courses through 2022, hopefully we start getting allocated some soon, I’m still waiting since submitting uniform sizes etc, the silence is killing me
I'm in the same boat here, just want to get my resignation on and make a start! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Where have you applied for Mike?

Venna1

Hoping someone could shed some light on eligibility please… I’ve just been offered an apprenticeship operating Tower cranes, however, getting onto the railway is my priority/dream. If I was to take this apprenticeship, would it effect my eligibility to apply for traineeships on the next intake at the end of the year? Just thinking due to funding ect.

Have you completed your medical? I haven't been contacted since I done mine a few weeks back..
You can always contact the place you had the medical with to check everything is good and put your mind at ease.
Other than that it’s a case of you probably won’t hear anything until your final contract comes and the course is finalised. There’s a lot going on in the background. Trust me.

Last edited:

Markosadler

You can always contact the place you had the medical with to check everything is good and put your mind at ease.
Other than that it’s a case of you probably won’t hear anything until your final contract comes and the course is finalised. There’s a lot going on in the background. Trust me.
Yeah i guess so,
Thanks bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.