• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seejwalker

Got the email same day as you! So less than a week? Lol

Hopefully you guys don't have to wait as long as I have been to hear something. I'm hoping that with the next two courses now sorted fof this year they will start organising for the new year.

Nishhh

Hopefully you guys don't have to wait as long as I have been to hear something. I'm hoping that with the next two courses now sorted fof this year they will start organising for the new year.

Me too the waiting is the horrible part! I wouldn’t mind if they sent us for our medicals and do CRB now just to get things moving a bit...

Seejwalker

Me too the waiting is the horrible part! I wouldn’t mind if they sent us for our medicals and do CRB now just to get things moving a bit...

I can only imagine it's to save them being overwhelmed by putting all candidates through that part of the process, and that they're taking it course by course. This is what I've convinced myself anyway.

Stigy

Established Member
hey guys has anybody in the pool since the end of Sept like myself?

Stigy; hope your good mate :)
All good mate thanks, hope you are too, the wait must be a killer, even knowing you’re through! Seeing all these people in pools (treading water/swimming/paddling etc etc) and with start dates now makes me even more determined ;)

lampsr5

Hi all new poster here, been following this thread as I am also going through the process.

I was due to have my stage 2 assessments October 6th but had an email off joe saying due to unforseen circumstances it needed to be moved to the 11th December. Did anyone else have this?

Im getting worried there isn't going to be any spaces left haha. Congrats to you guys getting through btw!

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all new poster here, been following this thread as I am also going through the process.

I was due to have my stage 2 assessments October 6th but had an email off joe saying due to unforseen circumstances it needed to be moved to the 11th December. Did anyone else have this?

Im getting worried there isn't going to be any spaces left haha. Congrats to you guys getting through btw!
If they’ve got you booked in for a stage 2 there will bother others too (I’m sure a few here are for the 6th?) so wouldn’t worry about it. There will be spaces, you might find yourself in a pool for a while though, but that’s not uncommon. I hope the rescheduling hasn’t inconvenienced you too much? I was always worried this would happen to me as I booked a hotel and chose not to pay the extra to be able to amend it.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Did anybody apply for the 'latest round' of trainee jobs in Tilbury, Wembley and Acton? The ones that closed on November 11th?

I did; and I'm wondering if those who applied for the last various slots could tell me what happened after you did the OPC test online. Did they in effect 'leave you' for a short while, then get back to you with a request for things like CVs and such before you then did the testing?

I'm asking as I'm intrigued to know what the next steps are from doing the OPC tests and not really knowing much else!

Thanks in advance.

Paulm36

Did anybody apply for the 'latest round' of trainee jobs in Tilbury, Wembley and Acton? The ones that closed on November 11th?

I did; and I'm wondering if those who applied for the last various slots could tell me what happened after you did the OPC test online. Did they in effect 'leave you' for a short while, then get back to you with a request for things like CVs and such before you then did the testing?

I'm asking as I'm intrigued to know what the next steps are from doing the OPC tests and not really knowing much else!

Thanks in advance.
I applied for the round before , and what happend then was, after a week or so , you'll be emailed if you were successful or not , and then if successful invited to the stage 1 assessments . These were held in Crewe . They don't ask for cv or anything until you get to the stage 2 assessments .

Seejwalker

Thanks in advance.

I applied a few months back and now sat in the candidate pool waiting for a medical. The next stage will be an invitation to do the pen and paper tests. It's all straight forward stuff, you shouldn't need a CV until you do DMI.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Okay. I've done all of the requisite tests before and I believe Freightliner accept them for up to 5 years from the date of the pass before they make you re-sit. Somewhat hopeful I don't have to do them again!

Paulm36

Okay. I've done all of the requisite tests before and I believe Freightliner accept them for up to 5 years from the date of the pass before they make you re-sit. Somewhat hopeful I don't have to do them again!
It all depends on what standard you passed to originally . Freightliner has an enhanced pass mark for the stage 1 tests. So you might find you have to sit some again , you might not .

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
It all depends on what standard you passed to originally . Freightliner has an enhanced pass mark for the stage 1 tests. So you might find you have to sit some again , you might not .

Ah. I seem to remember getting to the enhanced level for MTR Crossrail (a pass was not accepted, you needed the high pass!) as well as doing the extra fault-finder. Either way, a trip to Crewe would be jolly nice.

Stigy

Established Member
Yes, 5-years with Freightliner which was a welcome surprise for me as I passed all but the enhanced tests and MMI 3.5 years ago. In a way I now wish I reset all of them as they’d all now be current, as becausebibwasnt offered a job with Freightliner I have to retake all the others unless I find a TOC which will accept them for 5 years (I believe DB Cargo do).

Seejwalker

Ah. I seem to remember getting to the enhanced level for MTR Crossrail (a pass was not accepted, you needed the high pass!) as well as doing the extra fault-finder. Either way, a trip to Crewe would be jolly nice.

If you've done them and passed them for MTR you should be fine with FL

Stigy

Established Member
Have this confirmed by the OPC though mate and don't just take my word for it.
Agreed, although they will always check who’s done what on the day, it might mean you have to only attend for one part of the day (didn’t happen for me, as the Group Bourden was Test one and the DFFT was the final one Grrrr).

Seejwalker

Just been invited to complete the two online tests, any advice?

Follow the instructions, complete any practice questions until you're happy you understand the test and then just relax and work your way through them mate. It's all straight forward stuff and can't be cheated, you can either do it or you can't. You will be fine.

TheNewGuy

Just been invited to complete the two online tests, any advice?
Me too.

Reading the example question though, I can tell these won't be easy! Literally have no idea what they expect as the correct order for the hotel food question... I'll try the practice questions later lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.