• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pete C

How are you finding the training so far?
Well we're only 3 days in... day 1 was an induction, days 2 and 3 were PTS - nice and easy as I'd done it for NR just recently. Manual handling today! Rules we don't start until the new year.

Lendog2012

Well we're only 3 days in... day 1 was an induction, days 2 and 3 were PTS - nice and easy as I'd done it for NR just recently. Manual handling today! Rules we don't start until the new year.

Nice and easy way to start the New Year then!! :lol::lol:

Glad its going ok.

Could just be saying that Crewe’s feb course is full and probably ipswitch next one which we know from here and ties in.

Jecharles

Hi everyone.
I sat my 1st round of assessments today and feel like it went well but didn’t get as many fault finder questions completed as j would have liked due to me having to correct a mistake.
I completed 7 in total, do you think this would have been enougth to progress to the next stage?

Pete C

Have they provided the accomodation and car for you? Seen some people mention on here...
Yeah basically if the training location is not your home depot then you get a car, a hotel room and all your meals paid for :)

Certainly takes the sting out of the training salary!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Hi everyone.
I sat my 1st round of assessments today and feel like it went well but didn’t get as many fault finder questions completed as j would have liked due to me having to correct a mistake.
I completed 7 in total, do you think this would have been enougth to progress to the next stage?

No one really knows, I did 11 and passed, but no one knows the secret pass mark, just gotta wait n see!

Nishhh

Yeah basically if the training location is not your home depot then you get a car, a hotel room and all your meals paid for :)

Oh that’s a nice bonus! Hope it’s going well, are you guys getting any time off for christmas?

Nishhh

What hotel have they put you up in? Double or single bed lol

Pete C

Oh that’s a nice bonus! Hope it’s going well, are you guys getting any time off for christmas?

Yeah, Christmas Day and Boxing Day haha. Then starting front end turns on the 27th :)

What hotel have they put you up in? Double or single bed lol

It's a nice enough hotel, will be different for you anyways as I expect your course will be in Crewe.

RoseA

Passed my stage 2 on the 17th in Crewe, still waiting to hear back about the mmi and dmi tho! Frantically checking emails every couple of hours lol. I was told you would hear back about the mmi within a couple of days then 7-10 days for the dmi anyone had any results from the same week yet?
Also was told they interviewing 6 people a day till Christmas!
Have you heard anything? Not checked this forum for a while...

Nishhh

Yeah, Christmas Day and Boxing Day haha. Then starting front end turns on the 27th :)

It's a nice enough hotel, will be different for you anyways as I expect your course will be in Crewe.

Ahh at least you get Boxing Day off I suppose...oh lovely old Crewe will Defo need the car then it’s like 3.5hrs away from me

StuFreight

Absolutely gutted just received email from Freightliner.
Due to the high calibre and volume of applications we have received, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.
Unlucky better luck next time

Stigy

Established Member
Hi everyone.
I only did 8 ish and passed when everybody else I was reading aboytvwere getting 12s and 13s so don’t assume it’s not enough. You’ll probably need to get them all correct to pass with 7 though, I was confident all mine were correct.

Jecharles

I only did 8 ish and passed when everybody else I was reading aboytvwere getting 12s and 13s so don’t assume it’s not enough. You’ll probably need to get them all correct to pass with 7 though, I was confident all mine were correct.

Thank you Stigy
That’s made me feel a bit better as I have been beating my self up thinking that a little mistake has cost me my chances.
I am pretty confident that I got them all correct, will just have to wait and see.

Stigy

Established Member
Thank you Stigy
That’s made me feel a bit better as I have been beating my self up thinking that a little mistake has cost me my chances.
I am pretty confident that I got them all correct, will just have to wait and see.
I would have got 9 or 10, however I corrected the first one a couple of times and lost valuable time. I felt the same as I think you did. Annoyed at myself as it was a simple mistake.

I was surprised a passed to be honest, but as I said, probably helped by not getting any of the 8 wrong. Bear in mind as with all psychometric tests like these, it’s not quantity, but quality that counts. It’s all well and good finishing the exercise, but if you get 50% wrong, it’s pointless. It’s likely better to finish 75% of the task and get them all right than to finish 100% and get half wrong.

Stigy

Established Member
Thank you Stigy
I would have got 9 or 10, however I corrected the first one a couple of times and lost valuable time. I felt the same as I think you did. Annoyed at myself as it was a simple mistake.

I was surprised a passed to be honest, but as I said, probably helped by not getting any of the 8 wrong. Bear in mind as with all psychometric tests like these, it’s not quantity, but quality that counts. It’s all well and good finishing the exercise, but if you get 50% wrong, it’s pointless. It’s likely better to finish 75% of the task and get them all right than to finish 100% and get half wrong.

GLENMAYE77

Has anyone had a reply from the Trainee Drivers email add?
I know someone said it is monitored, although you get the automated/generic “this vacancy is now closed” email which I’ve had.
I asked basically to confirm which depots they have me in the pool for.
I sent it on weds so I’m going to leave it until next week then phone up if no reply.

(Does anyone have the HR tel/contact details?)

martin2345uk

Established Member
I get depressed by the lack of contact from FL :( I know things move slowly in the railway but it’s getting me down.

They do reply from that, Nish got one the other day, I emailed it yesterday and have got nothing back

Lenny_1986

Has anyone had a reply from the Trainee Drivers email add?
I know someone said it is monitored, although you get the automated/generic “this vacancy is now closed” email which I’ve had.
I asked basically to confirm which depots they have me in the pool for.
I sent it on weds so I’m going to leave it until next week then phone up if no reply.

(Does anyone have the HR tel/contact details?)
Same here, I also asked about depots first thing yesterday morning, still no response.

Nishhh

Surprised as I have had responses when emailing the trainee address.

Totally agree with you Martin, things are moving at snail pace. Just want to know a date so I can hand my notice in and relax for a couple of weeks before we start.

Have you had your medical yet or been given a date?

martin2345uk

Established Member
Got a reply just now that just says they’ll be sending out contracts ASAP which I guess doesn’t really tell us anything :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.