• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvash

Morning all, passed all the assessments and MMI a year go and the DMI in December. I have been lurking around this forum for a month or so and I wished I'd found it earlier!! Has anybody that passed in a similar timeframe heard a thing. I was told at my DMI that I would receive information in the post but nothing yet. I have also emailed Freightliner but only an automated response received. With the improving Covid situation and holidays looking possible etc, I am itching to get started and just an inkling of when that would be or some idea would be a bonus, even if it's another year down the line at least I could make some plans. Cheers.
I believe I'm in the same boat mate. Ain't got a clue either

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Morning all, passed all the assessments and MMI a year go and the DMI in December. I have been lurking around this forum for a month or so and I wished I'd found it earlier!! Has anybody that passed in a similar timeframe heard a thing. I was told at my DMI that I would receive information in the post but nothing yet. I have also emailed Freightliner but only an automated response received. With the improving Covid situation and holidays looking possible etc, I am itching to get started and just an inkling of when that would be or some idea would be a bonus, even if it's another year down the line at least I could make some plans. Cheers.
Hi Bonzo, I’ve progressed with the same time frame. However, I had my medical a couple of weeks ago. Still not had any feedback since then but I’m used to waiting. Hope you hear something soon!

Bonzo

Ok thank you both, the waiting game continues. Was the medical invite by phone, email or post?

TGreen

After spending almost 2 and a half years in the talent pool, today I finally received my contract to sign ready for a start date in April. Can’t wait.

SpitfireAle

I received my contract and documents today. December 2018 talent pool, to now. It paid off eventually.

Dr. Pepper

I received my contract and documents today. December 2018 talent pool, to now. It paid off eventually.
Nice one! Where are you going to be based? Did you get it in the post or via email? I jump up every time my email sound goes off, must be imminent if they're starting to come out to people!

SpitfireAle

Thanks everyone.

I'll be based at Trafford Park. The documents came by email. Yeh they had me sit the DMI again in November because I'd been in the pool for so long, and my medical was in February.

Mgv1349

Quite soon then, I haven't had my date or contract through as yet and was hoping to take a bit of time off beforehand!
When did you have your stage 2 and DMI mate? What location? At the moment it’s mainly courses for depots like Trafford which are newly opened.

Dr. Pepper

When did you have your stage 2 and DMI mate? What location? At the moment it’s mainly courses for depots like Trafford which are newly opened.
Stage 2 Dec 2019, DMI Dec 2020, job offer Jan 2021, medical Feb 2021. I'm down for Trafford Park!

Had my medical 3 weeks ago but heard nothing. I’m down for Trafford Park too. I have to work 2 months notice so I presume I’ll be on a later course unless I failed my medical and they’ve not told me :(

Dr. Pepper

We'll all have to have a game of match the person to their forum alias

Surely they wouldn't stand in your way of this if you wanted to barter out of it?! Or reduce it at least. For me I'd just like to know, whether it's next month or three months or six, I just want to know!!

We'll all have to have a game of match the person to their forum alias

Surely they wouldn't stand in your way of this if you wanted to barter out of it?! Or reduce it at least. For me I'd just like to know, whether it's next month or three months or six, I just want to know!!
Yeah, it’s the not knowing. It’s all very well getting to ‘the front of the queue’ but until you get that contract/start date, it means diddly squat. Either way, all the best to the Trafford Park massive!

Bonzo

Have noticed they are now advertising for qualified drivers for various depots, Ipswich, Eastleigh,Bristol and Birmingham, what this means for us waiting a start date Lord knows.

Jobi-wan

Have noticed they are now advertising for qualified drivers for various depots, Ipswich, Eastleigh,Bristol and Birmingham, what this means for us waiting a start date Lord knows.
That's ongoing and always has been. Don't panic :)

Stigy

Established Member
They are (or were) also advertising for more trainees. I don’t think there’s any point trying to fathom why this is, as historically TOCs and FOCs do this but still utilise those in pools etc.

Bonzo

Ok thanks, just that the adverts popped up on twitter this week, first time I have seen driver jobs on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.