• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4 Charlene

9 Danny Wilson (though They had a second top 40 hit a couple of years later, the really quite nice The Second Summer Of Love)

10 John Parr

11 Fiction Factory

15 Stan Ridgway

Edit - I’ve managed to transpose 10 and 11
You have all 5 answers correct even with transposing 10 & 11.

Following were one hit wonders for who please :

2/ Break my Stride.

3/ Lets hear it for the Boy.

13/ Dolce Vita.

12/ Funky Town.

14/ Shes like the Wind.

Update on which One Hit Wonders the artists are needed please :

2/ Break my Stride - Clue Male Singer.

3/ Lets hear it for the Boy - Clue Female Singer.

12/ Funky Town - Clue Group. (Has 2 words).

13/ Dolce Vita - Clue Male Singer.

Hope that helps - good luck.

MotCO

Established Member
13 Dolce Vita - is it one of those singers like whoever sang 'Shut uppa your face"?

perryman

3. Deniece Williams.

2. Is very annoying as I can hear the bloke singing it but can’t place his name.

perryman

3. Deniece Williams.

2. Is very annoying as I can hear the bloke singing it but can’t place his name.
2. Is it something like Matthew Wilder? Never heard of him before or since but something in the back of my mind has dragged that out.

2. Is it something like Matthew Wilder? Never heard of him before or since but something in the back of my mind has dragged that out.
You are correct with both answers, it is strange what we hold in the back of our minds, that comes in handy.

Thank you to everyone who took part, I am pleased to announce that @SteveM70 got 6 correct answers and would like to him
to ask the next question please.

perryman

You are correct with both answers, it is strange what we hold in the back of our minds, that comes in handy.
Just looked him up on Wikipedia, he seems to be a songwriter/producer after a limited singing career. Didn't like the song but it was catchy in that annoying kind of way.

SteveM70

Established Member
What are these the ingredients of?

Vegetables in Variable Proportions (52%) (Carrot, Rutabaga, Onion, Cauliflower), Sugar, Barley Malt Vinegar, Water, Spirit Vinegar, Tomato Purée, Date Paste (Dates, Rice Flour), Salt, Apple Pulp, Modified Maize Starch, Colour (Sulphite Ammonia Caramel), Onion Powder, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Spices, Colouring Food (Roasted Barley, Malt Extract), Herb and Spice Extracts.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Think we have the correct answer already; will let current quizmaster @SteveM70 announce the winner.

I was going to suggest Worcestershire Sauce, but the 52% veg content part of the contents (as well as all the vinegar and flavourings) is probably the giveaway. ;)

SteveM70

Established Member
Branston Pickle?
Is the rig answer

Think we have the correct answer already; will let current quizmaster @SteveM70 announce the winner.

I was going to suggest Worcestershire Sauce, but the 52% veg content part of the contents (as well as all the vinegar and flavourings) is probably the giveaway. ;)

I think the moral of the story is never to read the ingredients of something you like, it’s really quite offputting