• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveM70

Established Member
I’d say the USA is the wrong one on the first answer listing 7, and France replaces it

perryman

I’d say the USA is the wrong one on the first answer listing 7, and France replaces it
You say right. The USA has no claim but has bases on other countries land. Ice imitating life, as it were.

Not a Wiki fanboy per se and have other sources but for the time being:

So, @xotGD with 6 correct answers can plant his flag wherever he or she wishes to. Well done.

MotCO

Established Member
Can I step in with another geography question?

Which country has the greatest number of islands (over 250,000)?

MotCO

Established Member

Correct. Do you watch Richard Osman as well?

Sweden is first with 267,570 islands (who counted them all? when does a simple rock become an island?) Norway is second at 239,057, Finland 3rd (178,947) and Canada 4th (52,455). UK is 26th with 1,000 islands.

perryman

Correct. Do you watch Richard Osman as well?

Sweden is first with 267,570 islands (who counted them all? when does a simple rock become an island?) Norway is second at 239,057, Finland 3rd (178,947) and Canada 4th (52,455). UK is 26th with 1,000 islands.
I knew from somewhere it was either Sweden or Finland and I think the one which didn’t have the most islands had the most lakes (which I thought was Finland). Or something like that.

Open floor, please

perryman

Ottawa, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, Moscow, Stockholm, Seoul, Pyongyang, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Berlin?

OhNoAPacer

Ottawa, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, Moscow, Stockholm, Seoul, Pyongyang, Tokyo, Amsterdam,
Not Ottawa, Seoul, Pyongyang or Tokyo

Ottawa, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki, Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, Moscow, Stockholm, Seoul, Pyongyang, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Berlin?

Maybe Ulan Baator and Beijing instead of the two Korean capitals.
Not Ulan Barton nor Beijing

But you have 9 correct answers

perryman

Part of me wants to say Brussels but having rode that train so many times I never got the feeling I was travelling to a city above London. But I can’t think of anything else.