• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
@perryman, you've beaten me to it. Northern's Blackpool North -> York service will call at Preston (North End), Blackburn (Rovers), Accrington (Stanley) and Burnley and various other places, in that order, along its route.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

perryman

Royal Engineers
Arsenal
University (Cambridge?)
No to all three.

For some reason a response I posted before this has been set aside for moderator approval so ignore the second response as and when it's posted.

perryman

@MotCO

For some reason the last 2 responses I just posted are awaiting moderator approval. I'm guessing it's for repetition of part of the word for the north London club you mention.

Anyway, none of the three are correct.

SteveM70

Established Member
As a Halifax Town fan, sadly the JPT is something we can but dream about :lol:

Anyway, on a vaguely similar theme, which 8 counties played for the first county cricket championship? And as a pre-emptive tiebreaker, in what year was the first championship played for?

xotGD

Established Member
Yorkshire
Lancashire
Middlesex
Surrey
Sussex
Nottinghamshire
Derbyshire
Leicestershire

millemille

@MotCO

For some reason the last 2 responses I just posted are awaiting moderator approval. I'm guessing it's for repetition of part of the word for the north London club you mention.

Anyway, none of the three are correct.

Good job Scunthorpe isn't an answer...

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Missing two counties from the inaugural 1890 County championship are/were Kent and Gloucestershire.

OhNoAPacer

Get set go and please answer the following.

How are the following better known:

1. Colin Ball
2. Gaius Caeser Augustus Germanicus
3. Martin Austin Ruane
4. Arthur Stanley Jefferson
5. Manuel Francisco Dos Santos
6. Lee Gordon McKillop
7. Maria Salomea Sklodowska
8. William Jefferson Blyth III
9. Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
10. Henry McCarty